Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 trouble installing ubuntu linux
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:53 pm   Post subject: trouble installing ubuntu linux

i finally decided to install ubuntu linux. soon after i start the insall i get the message:

could not find ramdisk image: /install/initrd.gz

whats going on?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:56 pm   Post subject: Re: trouble installing ubuntu linux

zylum wrote:
i finally decided to install ubuntu linux. soon after i start the insall i get the message:

could not find ramdisk image: /install/initrd.gz

whats going on?

More information, please.

Which version (Warty or Hoary)? And you're running the install, rather than the LiveCD, right?
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wierd... initrd.gz is part of the boot image, it should be on the CD. Did you check the md5sum of the .iso before you burnt it? There should be no reason why it's not found.
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm... thats wierd, i tried installing using my other cd drive an it worked. now how do i go about connecting to the internet? isnt it supposed to automatically detect my network?
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's supposed to, yes. Run
code:
ifconfig
and type out your output.
Naveg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm getting a problem with the live cd....something about cd integrity??
apomb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ubuntu forums is a huge repository of helpful topics and FAQs, Documentation, the whole gammit, maybe try there first
I'll see you there! i need help on how to connect to the internet also ... im not too sure about the livecd's integrity issue tho Confused
betaflye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well once you solve your install problem (sounds like corrupted media to me) head on over to http://www.ubuntuforums.org and http://www.ubuntuguide.org
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: