Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Firefox Extension: FirefoxIE !! YUCK!! Disgusting!
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:58 pm   Post subject: Firefox Extension: FirefoxIE !! YUCK!! Disgusting!

http://firefoxie.net/

!!! horible!!!! .. .who would acually use that peice of crap!!!!let alone make it !!!!! ugh!! the whole purpose of firefox is NOT to be like IE and look like CRAP. . and . .. . SUCK>... and have TOOLBARS !!.. . like commmon!!!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But this is wonderful for people working in OSS-hostile environments where using Firefox entitles an employee to one free berating. Smile
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow, this is awesome. We're not allowed to use Firefox at school (although it would be insanely easy to install it anyway. Then there's just the risk of one of the teachers noticing it). But with this, there's absolutely no way that a casual glance over will betray anything Very Happy
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
Wow, this is awesome. We're not allowed to use Firefox at school (although it would be insanely easy to install it anyway. Then there's just the risk of one of the teachers noticing it). But with this, there's absolutely no way that a casual glance over will betray anything Very Happy

WHy arn't you allowed to? I use it- my teacher calls it "Fireball" Rolling Eyes
brenn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:

My parents call it Mosie. Very Happy
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
Hikaru79 wrote:

Why? Because the "security" measures our school has in place (not being able to download anything, for one) are non-existant for any browser besides IE (and even there, it's very easy to find workarounds).
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have to agree with short I tryed this once and the first site I went to it downloaded a virus becasue It doesn't have good IT security. Ending result ...
We all Hate IT
Re
form
matting
Or Fdisk

All it is is someelse trying to make money there are enough ones out there already. On top of everything I did A speed test IE was 4 times faster than Firefox that is on the same computer
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

umm,... Firefox takes 4x to load (program).. but if you tab your pages.. the pages load twice as fast.. .. and less pop-ups and ads taht steal bandwidth!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats actually quite useful.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Reasons I use FireFox:

• AdBlock
  • Mouse Gestures
  • Developer tools (plugins)
  • Standards compliant (If your site doesn't work on FF, then it's not standards compliant)
wtd

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Notoroge wrote:
Standards compliant (If your site doesn't work on FF, then it's not standards compliant)

I like Firefox too, but while it implements the standards it does nicely, it doesn't implement them all. Look at Apple's Safari for some really cutting edge stuff.
Martin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I believe that Safari (or at least a development version of it) was the first and only browser to pass the Acid2 test.

Lynx'll get there...just wait...
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lynx ?? haha...
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I was thinking about this, and I'm not sure if browsers striving to pass the Acid2 test is a good thing.

For the same reason that IE's bad implimentation of the standards makes for a lot of poorly written websites, having browsers that handle broken CSS in the same way would inevitably lead to there being more broken CSS.

Just a thought.
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yes martin once again you make no sense.. Confused
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: