Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 OMG People and there hack's
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:03 pm   Post subject: OMG People and there hack's

Omg why does this keep coming up Mad
Why is it that some grade 9's or 10's start learning comp sci and then first thing is they wnat to make a hacking program.
What ever happened to making games and useful programs you people sicken me with your hacks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ssr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol its understandable, hope I spelled it right,
everyone likes to show off a bit, and everyone wants to be an expert, but not everyone can do that, so ask for help lol
I, like many others and you StarGateSG-1, would rather have a game than a hacking program, but now all we have are some old fashioned ones that has been done since the beginning of programming so everyone wants to try something new, adn the next generation is hacking, lol
yes, we all suck at it, except Dan, Tony, adn most, if not all, of the mods, Very Happy
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would liek to have a game of course.
Evil or Very Mad anyways hacking is form my age not all these grade 9's and 10's! Evil or Very Mad

I just like to rant about these people because they are morons (generally, but I know a few good ones)

Quote:

yes, we all suck at it, except Dan, Tony, adn most, if not all, of the mods,

I am form there age, although I only found this site this past november
Sad
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Kids these days don't want to learn anything about hacker culture, or the divisons of white/grey/black hackers.

They don't even want to program. They all wear a black-cap, and want to have a program handed to them so they can edit it and change a name to their own, claim credit, then brag to no one.

These kids today have no respect. Back in my days hackers were decent, and wore a damn hat.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

AMEN TO THE DAMN HAT Head Bang
md

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I wanna hat Sad

But back on topic, I think it's just that kids are getting more and more lazy. I mean why write your own game when you can just change the credits and claim it as your own? So what if it's illegal, or unethical? Ethics isn't taught in schools (but it should be), and no one cares about breaking the law when it comes to computers anyways.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think this topic belongs in the turing help section, so please move this to spam

If you are referring to some Grade9's or 10's please use the PM methods.

*dam i should become a mod* jks
Unreal_Origin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
I dont think this topic belongs in the turing help section, so please move this to spam

i actually think it is in a good spot the gr 9 and 10 will look at this form before posting and think twice about posting for help about hacking

programming skills should be used for good
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cornflake wrote:
I wanna hat Sad

But back on topic, I think it's just that kids are getting more and more lazy. I mean why write your own game when you can just change the credits and claim it as your own? So what if it's illegal, or unethical? Ethics isn't taught in schools (but it should be), and no one cares about breaking the law when it comes to computers anyways.

I am pretty sure there is a grade 10 course "Ethics" in my school Smile .

I wouldnt limit this kind of attitude to gr 9 & 10's though, its becoming more popular everywhere. What I find ironic? is that most of these people join compsci just to show off and say they know how to hack, make viruses, etc and then they fail and say the course sucked...

Another thing which bothers me, a bit off topic, is that all these people are like "youre dead, I'm gonna hack you" and then they try to guess your password by trial and error... They dont even know what it really is.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cornflake wrote:
I wanna hat Sad

Apparently grammar isn't taught in schools anymore either. Wink
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

In the computer engineering class next door to me they did a unit on computer ethics.
brenn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cornflake wrote:
[...] Ethics isn't taught in schools (but it should be)[...]

It is in Engineering at Waterloo Smile
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The first thing any aspiring programmer should learn is...

English.
brenn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:

English.

Unless of course, he or she chooses to program in a language that has documentation mostly in a language other than English. ^o^
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

brenn wrote:
wtd wrote:

English.

Unless of course, he or she chooses to program in a language that has documentation mostly in a language other than English. ^o^

If he or she primarily communicates with English-speaking programmers, then it's a must.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 39 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: