Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Program Help
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
crazygurl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:56 pm   Post subject: Program Help

Im am using turing (old version like 2.0) and have a project due tommorrow i want to link several programs into one. My objective is to have a screen that says:

What program would you like to play?
speedy
slots
trivia

The player would type in what game and be able to play that specific one.
Is there anyone who would be willing to give me some advise or help me to do this with some ideas!!

Thanks,
Crazygurl ( a new programmer)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okay, if they are huge games with conflicting function/variable names, consider yourself dead. I've tried this before and there is no way to make it work unless you put them all together in a file (well, technically you can just import the other files, but import=copy everything into one file). you may try to convert them into class files which might make your life easier.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok heres what u do, compile each of them seperately, then use sys.exec to run each sub prog
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol thats a pretty good idea
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't no Sys.Exec worked it 2.0 lol
jamonathin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
ok heres what u do, compile each of them seperately, then use sys.exec to run each sub prog

Man, thats such a good idea. I always thought you'd have to go through all the trouble of changing vars, makin procs, and what not. And if you do this properly, I'm sure you can make this in under 20 lines. Props man.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

True, but then itll be almost 3 times as large as it should be (the .zip or folder). It would be much easier to just have different variables from the beginning, but if not this is probably the easiest way.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

K.I.S.S
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: