Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Google Launches Satelite Search
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

brenn wrote:
I'm not sure if any of the other seven lots that mine's adjacent to have swimming pools as well.

well now you can check google's satellite maps and find out Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

umm... this is anoyingyou peopel are crazy the only reason some of the images our blured is because they haven taken the pictures yet, they will be coming soon, I heard som1 say update every 5 year's lol. the updates are on a monthly basis, but anyways within 5 years they will have the entire world map with both the satilite and map. It will be kool.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I said that and I just made it up, im not sure.
But im sure they will update it--- they have to... who the hell wants crappy drawn images Confused
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know you just said It I was clarifiying for anyone would might go spreading this around.

Oh ya I forgot this before it isn't expensive for google they bought the satellite to take the picture, it costs them nothing to do this now. Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

StarGateSG-1 wrote:
it costs them nothing to do this now. Very Happy

Technically. But that have to make up the cost of it somehow, right? Otherwise it would be a waste of the investment. So do you think they can get their millions of dollars worth of images before the satellite becomes disfunctional? Certanly. They just have to be smart about it and not send it out to random places (I'm pretty sure that satellite orbits are regulated to avoid collisions, so it will take more time than you might think).

But you know -- if Thunderbay is located between important point A and important point B then they might as well grab a picture or two and mail them to Dan as a payment for googleads Laughing
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, someone find out when the satelite is passing above Toronto, I want to stand on my backyard or something and try and make myself noticable Laughing.

I am sure that they are using this satelite info for more than just giving a free service...
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
heh, someone find out when the satelite is passing above Toronto, I want to stand on my backyard or something and try and make myself noticable

You can get some buddies to park cars in a parking lot somewhere, and spell a message
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: