Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Simple Collisions Using Images
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheEvilOne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:59 pm   Post subject: Simple Collisions Using Images

Ok... so most of the pros here are (as I have seen on many other posts) going to swamp me with flaming on this... but thats ok Smile

My friend was working on a FFI game for his final project in Turing, and wasnt very good at coordinate programming (as in not very good... I mean he had a hard time getting a sprite to move Confused ). Anyways, he needed a collision system, and didnt want to program coordinates, or an engine to detect what images are where, etc.

I programmed this way as a simple work-around for collision. It's simple, and I dont have any animation programmed into it, as its just a demo.

bg1 is the collision layer, and everything is pretty well documented. I hope it helps some lazy person out Razz

Collision.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Collision.zip
 Filesize:  19.39 KB
 Downloaded:  276 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Take a look at this:http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=8175
TheEvilOne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you know... I saw that header and didnt even think that it might be the same... stupid me Crying or Very sad
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No worries man, we all mess up when we first start postin in compsci Razz
LegendsEnd

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

*resurrects topic from the depths*

Looking at the code i'm just wondering a few things.
Is there a reason to use Draw.FillBox(0,0,maxx,maxy,0) over cls? Is there even a point in having that line of code?
Also, what's the reason for var CharImage : array char of int, it doesn't seem to do anything
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

plz, if you are going to ask questions about Turing post them in *gasp omg* Turing Help, also plz dont revive dead topics, if you post in Turing Help people will probably be more likely to help you there
do_pete

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Relax SuperFreak. As far as I see, cls and drawfillbox are the the same although cls may be faster.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: