Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 economics 101
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:27 am   Post subject: economics 101

Sue for profit!
I've got this awesome idea to make tons of money out of nothing. Check this out.

- Invest into some small technology based firm's stock.
- Get that firm to sue a huge technology related coorporation for some silly copyright infridgement.
- Watch your stock rise in value.
- Pull out and drop the law suit.

And there you have it -- ~30% profit on original investment just by screwing with other people's minds and exploiting copyright laws. You think I'm kidding?

Reuters UK wrote:

Immersion, a small, California-based developer of digital touch technologies, claimed Sony Computer Entertainment infringed on its technology that makes a game controller vibrate in sync with actions in games

Reuters UK wrote:

Immersion's stock rose 36 percent to $7.85 on the Inet electronic exchange, from its $5.75 close on Thursday.

Don't Xbox's controllers vibrate as well? Thinking Those guys can probably get another 20% on their stock if they sue MicroSoft.

Source:link
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It only works in the states, and if sony really tried i'm sure they could get the patent revoked

[edit] it would appear that MS already settled with these people, so i think sony is going to end up paying...
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if a company was a victim of a scam like this isnt there some kind of recouse along the lines of "you wasted my time with a frivilous lawsuit. pay my legal fees, as well as other stuff"
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wouldnt they call that like, insider trading or sumthing?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MyPistolsIn3D wrote:
wouldnt they call that like, insider trading or sumthing?

Well... yeah..

Though if you buy enough stock to own the company, I don't think that matters. Thinking

Whatever... good luck proving my shemes Rolling Eyes
md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Insider trading is when you sell shares when you know that the price is going to drop in the near future. Anyway this is not a frivilous case, as the patent is apperently valid. Sony will probably end up paying, just as micrsoft did. Sony's problem is that their going to have to pay MUCH more than microsoft.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For what it's worth, the GameCube controllers vibrate. But then, Nintendo has some of the baddest legal ninjas in the tech industry, so a lawsuit against Nintendo might be a bad idea.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: