Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 changing resolution on ubuntu linux
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zylum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:10 am   Post subject: changing resolution on ubuntu linux

how do i chagne the resolution from 800x600 to something bigger? i am currently running the ubuntu live cd to see how its like but when i try to change my resolution, it only gives me the options of 800x600 and 640x480. also the scroll button doesnt work
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

as far as i know, you cant... i think its because they dont have the specific gpu driver or something.. but i could be wrong
zylum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

are you serious!?!? that limits my work space so much... hmm probably wont be installing linux unless i find a fix for this Confused
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's also a LiveCD, which means you can't make any lasting changes to the configuration.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.. its only live cd, once u install ubuntu, u'd be able to set it to the max rez ur gpu/monitor can offer. on a second note, live cd allows you to switch between the two lowest possible resolutions, so if ur lowest rez is 800 x 600, then you'd be able to do 1024 x 768
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: