Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The final version of betaPAINTER ++
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Asian Brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:26 am   Post subject: The final version of betaPAINTER ++

I have finally finished my paint program couple weeks ago, but failed to post it. I wasn't originally going to post it but people have come up to me thinking that I handed in the old version of my paint program which could be found in this forum. For more information about this program, check out the User's Guide folder. So here it is... the final version...

betaPAINTER.zip
 Description:
This is the version I handed in... Except that this one is compiled... And ResHacked too!!!

Download
 Filename:  betaPAINTER.zip
 Filesize:  675.08 KB
 Downloaded:  275 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
post8k

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Really nice program...
Good job....

Did you do it as a school project or for yourself???
how long did it take you??
ssr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes Yes
very nice program indeed Very Happy
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Personally, I find that doing something like drawing a star is really delayed. I move the mouse around a bit, and then a few seconds later the star follows the path of the mouse. I can only guess as to why this is, but I've found that adding a delay in the program (say, 10) eliminates this problem. Do you have a delay in your main loop, Asian Brian?
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, i would work on what cervantes said, and you should also have the user input what they want their file to be called, and just add .bmp to the string value. And what you should do with that is have the choice of opening a file, rather than only being able to save one file and only be able to edit it in real paint. But other than that, gj.
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I like.... I didn't find any delay w/ anything. Your 'fill' isn't really a fill though.
Asian Brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

post8k wrote:
Did you do it as a school project or for yourself???
how long did it take you??

It was a school project... look at the users guide to see how long it took to write...

Cervantes wrote:
Personally, I find that doing something like drawing a star is really delayed. I move the mouse around a bit, and then a few seconds later the star follows the path of the mouse. I can only guess as to why this is, but I've found that adding a delay in the program (say, 10) eliminates this problem. Do you have a delay in your main loop, Asian Brian?

It doesn't lag on my computer... and no there is no delay command, i used View.Update instead.

jamonathin wrote:
Yeah, i would work on what cervantes said, and you should also have the user input what they want their file to be called, and just add .bmp to the string value. And what you should do with that is have the choice of opening a file, rather than only being able to save one file and only be able to edit it in real paint. But other than that, gj.

Yeah, if i finished my other features a long time ago, i would have added the choice of loading, and saving with a changable name, but i kept rewriting my tools code and my mainline that i didn't feel the need to add those features that you would want.

RaPsCaLLioN wrote:
I like.... I didn't find any delay w/ anything. Your 'fill' isn't really a fill though.

The fill i used was borrowed from a friend. If you looked at my old version somewhere on the forum you will find that it used to be a simple drawfill command.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: