Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 struggling
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
blueberykiwi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:30 pm   Post subject: struggling

i hate c++ i hate all programming it's so hard and i just wanna go kill myself whenever i'm forced to write assignments for them ><

as if java wasn't hard enuf.... i have to take java AND c++ at the same time...

=(
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not allowed to advice suicide - that would be an unethical thing to do. Have you though of dropping the course?
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Java's just a crapified version of C++.

And yeah, just drop the course. Of course, there's always Seppuku: http://www.realultimatepower.net/ninja/seppuku.htm
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

As mentioned, you can eiother drop the course, or you can ask for help with the programming stuff.

What specifically are you struggling with?

I suggest you look at what you're specifically having trouble with in both languages and find the things in common. Then you can ask for help in specific areas. We're happy to help if you're committed to solving this.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

martin wrote:
Java's just a crapified version of C++.

Oh please, Javs's dignity is far beyond that of C++. Infact C++ is just a horrible excuse for a good language. D is a more respectable alternative.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix u sux... c++>>java
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"The more programming languages you know, the more you realize they all suck."
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

C++ and Java has their own advantages and disadvantages, but the language construct is pretti much the same. but both are pretti trivial to understand and learn... if you think they are hard, try learning something like LISP, Perl or some kind of assembly language, then you'll know how much you love C++
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
C++ and Java has their own advantages and disadvantages, but the language construct is pretti much the same. but both are pretti trivial to understand and learn... if you think they are hard, try learning something like LISP, Perl or some kind of assembly language, then you'll know how much you love C++

Huh? Lisp and Perl are both fairly simple languages with an incredible amount of power and expressiveness.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in my opinion they are both harder to learn/understand than C++ and Java...
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's most likely because you're tied to one way of thinking about things (the imperative, explicitly and statically typed way). Learn to appreciate others ways of programming. It will make you a better programmer. Smile
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you think so?

i meant for avg students... personally i have no difficulty picking up these languages...
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Absolutely.

And absolutely "average" programmers should pick up multiple languages. Computer science education should be first and foremost about teaching concepts, and getting students to think. If you do that right, they can learn the specifics of languages that are practically applicable themselves, or at least much easier.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ditto.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: