Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Anime wallpaper
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:47 pm   Post subject: Anime wallpaper

Why is it that anime wallpapers are ALWAYS either 800x600 or 1024x768? Or are there some hidden websites of none crappy wallpaper images that others know of?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well there's
www.animewallpaper.com <= very basic one with large collection
http://www.kazeninaru.net/animerevolution/main.html <= they do custom wallpapers
http://www.abstractanime.com/ <= not a large collection but has pretty good ones
http://www.allrpg.com/wallpaper.php3 <= RPG walls, but not all that great
http://www.banime.com/anime/wallpapers.php <= large verity of anime
http://downloadanime.org/forums/index.php?act=module&module=gallery <= very large verity but you really have to search through it

Or send me a bunch of images of what you want on a wallpaper and I'll make you one WHEN i have time
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the links, but it seems alot of them are still either 800x600 or 1024x768. Still found a few good ones though. Also, that first link doesn't really "work" all that much.

Aoi wrote:
Or send me a bunch of images of what you want on a wallpaper and I'll make you one WHEN i have time

Cool, but I'll have to find cool images...
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The real reason is that Japanese people are shorter than everyone else, so they don't need as big a monitor.
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no martin you're wrong... those dimensions are actually the standern dimensions for most computer resolutions so that's why people usually make wallpapers in those dimensions
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

No May, you're wrong... 800x600 is hardly a standart anymore. Resolutions span pass 2000x now. Laptops and dual monitors provide an array of widescreen alternatives Wink

Bottom line though.. wallpapers are usually drawn at 300+ DPI and can be scaled and cropped to any size Razz
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Standard resolution is 1280x1024, which is the resolution that 17" and 19" LCD's run at.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Why is this topic suddenly so popular more than two weeks after I started it?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Because I posted in it.

Oh snap!
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Or... because you posted in it because Aoi posted in it.
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Why all the negativity?
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Because I don't like small wallpapers. Although I've got a pretty decent wallpaper featuring Raziel at just 1024x768 on my 1600x1200 desktop, so it's not all bad.
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no actually if you check the res on most walls that you find online they're 72 dpi due to the reason that it's just better for web based as to the reason why I forgot =P

well ya tony it's not but not all people have upgrade their monitors and not all people uses duel monitor! also fact is those resolutions have been the main ones for the past few years. Even photoshop has it set to those standerds when you go to make a new wallpaper (unless you fiddle with the number) but all in all if you just resize or strech the image not much res is lost if it was 1024x768 and I'm blahbling on cuz I'm have a sleep at the moment and if this doesn't make sense I'm sorry
brenn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The only dual-monitor wallpaper I've ever seen was one for BLEACH.

/not really contributing to the topic

But yeah, Coutsos, I've never really noticed that until you pointed it out :S
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

brenn wrote:
But yeah, Coutsos, I've never really noticed that until you pointed it out :S

That's ok, 800x600 sized images are large enough for your asian monitor Wink

Haha, I'm just kidding Razz Though your desktop's monitor is scary small.. and dark Confused And I would complain about the chair, but this is getting way off topic Laughing
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 50 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: