Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 AMD VS PENTIUM
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What do you think is the BEST?
(No ending time set)
AMD
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
(Intel) Pentium
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
I like both
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
I'm not sure
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

gogeta2006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:16 pm   Post subject: AMD VS PENTIUM

Hey guys, i wanna buy parts for a new Pc and this time i want build a crazy computer ...mostly for extreme gaming....playing and ...hosting servers on it...

My friends told me AMD is the best but then others tell me AMD is crap and (Intel) Pentium is awsome....Im confused like hell.... Rolling Eyes ......

what is truely better, AMD or (INTEL) PENTIUM Question
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think we've had this discussion on compsci numerous times. do a search. hell I even know the answer, AMD 8)
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If we're talking about current benchmarks, AMD holds the crown, so there's really no debate (seeing as that's the only thing that we really can compare). That's apt to change though.
ssr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I personally like AMD better, but since Im using a pentium
gotta be loyal to my computer Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cell sounds promissing Laughing
md

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wait for the new dual core chips from intel, they should blow amd out of the water.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

After which AMD will release even better chips, and Intel will counter with even better chips, and then AMD will...
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well amd plans to move turion into dual core too.. so im not so sure intel will "pwn" amd
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Blade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you should do a google for benchmarks... but amd hands down holds the gaming world. intel is faster for office use such as opening up large database documents, or video ENCODING, sound encoding, compressing files etc. AMD is launching its dual core athlons within the next year, which i have no doubt will own intel's dual core processors in gaming as well. i had a road map of amd's upcoming processors but i cant remember where it was. in q3 of this year amd will be releasing its Athlon FX-57 which will be equipped with a core built on 0.09nm technology as apposed to the 0.13nm which the previous fx's were built on, and runs at 2.8ghz.

after the fx-57 the next ones to be released will be equipped with dual cores, which sounds very promising because amd rules.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1787/
check that out, its the fx-55 (not oc'd) vs a pentium 4-e (660) on lga775 with the 2mb l2 chahe @ 3.6 ghz oc'd to 4ghz and 5.2 ghz on a 1/2 hp cooler compressor

even when the p4 is overclocked to 5.2 ghz it can barely outperform the fx-55 which runs at 1/2 the speed of the p4 (2.6 ghz) and has 1/2 of the l2 cache.
GB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AMD is best for gaming, although I prefer Pentium 4. But since your computer is for gaming, get the new AMD FX series, they're awesome.

(someone edited my post Shocked )
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GB wrote:
AMD is best for gaming, although I prefer Pentium 4. But since your computer is for gaming, get the new AMD FX series, they're awesome.

... no comment... do you even know what ur talking about? FX 55 costs 1k
GB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Or an Athlon. I don't know if a price is an issue here.
we64

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For Gaming... AMD Athlon FX... Best for gaming.. don't think about anything else.. buy that...
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

screw the fx 57, get a dual core opteron... then u can use ecc ram
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The two high end comps I got are:

P4 2133Mhz
768mb DDR RAM
GForce 6800
160GB HD
2/3 years old

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.53Ghz
1GB DDR 400-500 OCZ RAM
GForce 6600 GT
250GB Maxtor HD 7000RPM
Just got it 2 days ago Wink

Both of them are more than sufficient, what you need for gaming is a good video card. Otherwise, both Athlons and Pentiums have advantages. You have to keep in mind that they are competing, so they are trying to bash each other down - and beat aspects of the other chip. Athlon FX's are wayyy to expensive for my taste - I'm more of a practical guy Laughing.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: