Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Clone Invaders
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
statistic-48260137985

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:44 pm   Post subject: Clone Invaders

well last night after watching fry play a huge version of clone invaders on futurama, i decided i wanted to make it... so i did, i spent two hours on it, got the basic idea then spent another hour on it today fine tuning. you'll need a pretty quick computer if you want this to run anywhere close to smooth, and as you go since the enemies slowly disappear, it gets smoother. I included the source code in the zip file too, but dont make fun of my sloppy code please. well here it is.

controls: up arrow is to shoot.... and if you cant figure out howta move you're too stupid to be here

clone invaders.zip
 Description:
everythings inside this

Download
 Filename:  clone invaders.zip
 Filesize:  271.61 KB
 Downloaded:  192 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Change line 2 too

code:
setscreen ("graphics:600;600;nobuttonbar,offscreenonly")

and line 127 (after the delay) to;

code:
View.Update

Otherwise very good. All you have to do is add rems ^^;
ssr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes Nice Game Very Happy
Token

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:

and line 127 (after the delay) to;
code:
View.Update

umm i didnt download it but i would think u should put View.Update before the delay, or else you dont see whatever it is untill after the pause is done... i may be wrong tho becuase i didnt download it to see...
statistic-48260137985

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:34 am   Post subject: update: thanks flikerator and token

thanks for your input on my code heres and update using what you gave me, a beep so its more like the original dos version, and levels, if anyone can beat level 3 let me know, take a screen shot , make it a jpg and send it to sk8_an_rock_4_life@hotmail.com, cause id really like to see if anyone can beat it. O and i entered remarks into the code.

clone invaders.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  clone invaders.zip
 Filesize:  272.57 KB
 Downloaded:  137 Time(s)

Flikerator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well someone could just edit the picture to say "Hey I beat level 3!"

Put a special ending in 3 that isn't in the .t, only in the .exe so that they don't know what it looks like.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very nice game, but I don't think level 3 is possible with that speed of shooting. I tried increasing the rate, but I just messed up the code Smile the bullets disappear in the middle of the screen. They are outside the array? or what? Oh, and the beep doesn't sound for me for some weird reason Confused, only when I'm exiting the program???

Anyways, very well made!
statistic-48260137985

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think maybe you just got the arrays confused gandalf my speed thing is really messed up and switches itself around a few times, but yea, if you want to slow it down you actually could raise the number in one of the if statements change:
if faster>14
to something higher like "if faster>20" then you geta few extra seconds each time before they move down
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: