Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Quadratic Trinomials
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Token

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well if there are no real roots then it cant be solved, then you wouldent want to solve it, because you wouldent get an answer, therefore if there were no real roots then you wouldent ened the program to begin with Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
person

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

of course u would want to solve a problem without real roots...i mean how would u know if it had real roots or not (besides using the method wich im too lazy to type)
Token

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well heres the thing, i should just put a line that says if the program crashes there are no real roots lol that solves that problem
apomb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or you could state that the roots are imaginary and figure out that the

sqrt (-1) = i

so sqrt (-4) = 2i

therefore if a negative number, change to positive and add "i" beside it
w00t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man, i even touched on Quadratic Equations in Gr.8 < only becuase i chose too, and my teacher didn't mind helping me> and in grade 10 we started wtih Loci and Conics
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I am not worthy then you're a math guru w00t Razz
Mr. T

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Token wrote:
Well if there are no real roots then it cant be solved, then you wouldent want to solve it, because you wouldent get an answer, therefore if there were no real roots then you wouldent ened the program to begin with Smile

*cough* Just because the answer will give you imaginary numbers doesnt mean its irrelevant Wink
Token

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

this was made like 2 months ago, do u just go around the forum looking for new people to try and show up or somthin because thats about the third time u've done it to my old posts
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
dann_west

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Quadratic Trinomials

interesting?... I guess it could be useful. If your that good with the code show me a good game.
I never get enough of them!!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Token

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually i'm workin on a really good helecopter game... i'll post it once i finnish the highscore part
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: