Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Subtitle files
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:14 pm   Post subject: Subtitle files

So, instead of studying for Calculus and Algebra and Physics like I am suppose to, I decided to watch a movie. I procured a copy of "Casshern", this really big Japanese movie. However, I can't seem to play the movie with subtitles on.

There are 4 files, 2 .avi files and 2 .srt files. I am using Video Lan Player, but I don't seem to be able to display the subtitles. How do I utilize the .srt files?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o umm, i think you have to use this other player... im not too sure but google movie player subtitle
brenn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Umm not sure if you've already tried this ^^;

From File menu > Open

In the "Open" dialogue box, check the Subtitles Option, "Browse" and locate your sub file.

Hope that helps.

<commences fangirling> @#%^@#$ CASSHERN! I WANT TEH PRETTY. 8O WHERE DID YOU GET THE MOVIE </fangirling>
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

omg pwnz!

Cool, it worked. Thanks alot. Here, have bits.

+20 bits
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woot! CASSHERN! I've got 3 copies of that movie on my computer for some reason. Anyways, you've already got a solution but here's my go at it:
Under Windows, my movie player of choice will always be BSPlayer. It's what I used at school to watch anime without lag, and I just like it. Anyways, it would automatically load the Casshern subs for me (assuming they're in the same directory as the movie and have an appropriate filename).
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: