Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 phpbb2 mod
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
guttface

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:18 pm   Post subject: phpbb2 mod

I've just started using phpbb2 on my site (guttface.co.nr see the forum section) and was wondering how to change the graphic in the top left, and make the new graphic link to the main page like it does on this site. also, how can you change the small icons (home, faq, search, etc.) under the page heading. thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey,
All the template files are in the template folder (i.e. phpbb2/templates/subSilver/) in that folder you can open up and edit the overall_header.tpl to change stuff like the links and the header image.

The images (on the top, faq and etc) for the subSilve template are in /templates/subSilver/images/ (for other language images [ images that have some... enlgihs written in them ] go to the templates/subSilver/images/lang_english) XD
guttface

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

first, how do you edit .tpl files? and i dont want to change the small icons, i want to add new ones to the existing ones. how do you do that?
guttface

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

k. i figured out how to fix the problem, but i noticed there were some variables in the .tpl files that looked like this: {var_name} . were did these variables come from?
Naveg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you starting a business guttface? thats pretty cool...its ev by the way
Salus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The template files take all their variables from their corresponding files in the includes folder.
E.g. overall_header.tpl goes with page_header.php

(Yes, this is old... just felt like it needed a reply.)
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: