Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 betaPAINTER ++ (Yes... its another paint program)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Asian Brian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:09 pm   Post subject: betaPAINTER ++ (Yes... its another paint program)

Hey.

Here is my paint program, betaPAINTER ++ Uber Edition. I would like to know what you guys think! Anyways, your resolution has to be 1024x768, or the program would look like ____. Ok... and here it is...

UPDATE!!!
There is a new version
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=8194
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cycro1234

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Neat program!

I like the about menu. Try making it so that when somebody chooses the square or circle they can actualy see the circle or square getting larger. It's hard to estimate where the shape will go. Otherwise kool Very Happy
cool dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeh thats very nice and i like the about menu as well. also like "cycro" said u should make it so we could see how big the shapes are getting
ssr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Try making it so that when somebody chooses the square or circle they can actualy see the circle or square getting larger. It's hard to estimate where the shape will go. Otherwise kool

same thing
but ooooooo
cool program man. Laughing Laughing
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I liked it : D

I saw some other paint programs and didn't like them, I like this one though Very Happy
Asian Brian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have tried adding a preview, but it would erase my background pictures, or disable my menus. I have used Pic commands, but no luck. Help would be appriciated!
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What I would have done in my paint program (If I had enough time) is make the tools in different windows, much like the GIMP does. However, I didn't have time, so I cheated everything (by cheating, I mean taking corners and short-cuts that made it... not good, but still enough for me to get 100 on) and my file formats worked off of static dimensions, which wasn't the best of idea, but it worked.

I suggest you look into that too (more then one window).

gimp.org is the website for the gimp, there's a windows version on it.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Are you talking about Window.Open()? Like what I used in my zombie game? Thats what I would have done. Make more windows, cause im obsessed with them.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asian Brian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry guys, I have made a mistake my second post up there. I mean that the previews of shapes would erase the pics that are on the canvas and disable the menus. Oops Embarassed

Anyways, new windows do sound like a good idea, and I have an idea on how to do it. I want to add them but I can't seeing that I don't have the time to do so.

Keep the improvment comments comming guys! (I would want to make is as best as possible)
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well make a variable;

code:

var window:int

Then you have to make the window;

code:

window:=Window.Open("position:center,center,graphics:600,800")

Note - For that anything you want to do to the window just add in there. offscreenonly, stuff like that.

Wherever you put that, everything below it will go into that window. If you want multiple windows just add another Window.Open

Note - You will need another variable.

EXAMPLE PROGRAM WITH REMS
code:

var window : int %Window Var
window := Window.Open ("position:center,center,graphics:400,400") %Createsthe first window, notice all := and (" ")
put "All input will go in this window untill a new window is created" %Example of input in the window
Draw.Box (50, 50, 200, 200, red) %Second example of input in the box

var window2 : int %Var for the next window
window := Window.Open ("position:center,top,graphics:400,72") %Notice TOP and 72
put "Now text is in the top window"
Draw.FillBox (5, 5, 240, 40, brightgreen)

EDIT - Looks very messy, copy into Turing and it will look alright
Any more help just pm me
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

VERY NICE! this is the best paint program I have seen made on Turing in most perspectives. Just add a spraycan feature, load, fix some bugs and ability to change file names - this would be a Twisted Evil amazing program!

I love the line burst thing feature - very nice.
person

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

best paint program ever!!
would have been nice to add a spray can
ssr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol fix the problem (fill tool) and add some thing liek teh spray gun, then u can sell it Laughing Laughing
Asian Brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

preview almost finished... just need to do the oval...

paintbucket... not fixed yet...

I'll post a new version when the next version is complete...
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow.. that looks great.. i made a paint program as well. .. except it doesnlt look as good as urs. . . . congrats

suggestions:
precision input option (had this in mine and it made it realyl sweet)

what i love:
menus, stamps, saving

disapointments:
the fill tool is almost useless, i was hopping it could fill in an area like the real paint program;... heres how you could integrate this

code:

get mouse coords
if mouse_click then
drawFill (current coords,current color, color until hits *anycolor but (Whatdotcolor *current coords))
end

some rough pseudo for u to try out
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: