Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Books??
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
JR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:34 am   Post subject: Books??

Hey, i'm looking for the following books...

1. a good C++ book that covers all of C++ or most of it. i know some C++ but not everything.

2. A good OpenGL, DirectX study book.

3. A game design/programming book and something about game graphical engines and physchical as well.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

As it turns out, books can be pretty expensive. Especially the books for graphics and games. And I've already got suspicions that those books aren't very great (specifically the ones that claim to teach you how to make your own first person shooters).
For C++, books are good (Thinking in C++ is free online).
For games, there's GameDev.net, but PLEASE don't tell anybody you want to make an MMORPG.
JR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

first i wanna learn C++/OpenGL/Direct3D
then i will start learning game programing.
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Learn C++ properly, then consider working on specific libraries like OpenGL and DirectX stuff.

There's a lot to learn, and even with relatively simple console I/O it'll be hard enough. No need to make it harder by doing all kinds of messy graphics stuff right away.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: