Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 RPG (just the beginning)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Bacchus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:33 am   Post subject: RPG (just the beginning)

ok, im posting this so ppl can see and that i can get some sugestions
keys-> arrow key (right arrow=right, up arrow= jump (can twice), left arrow=left | c = attack (can 3 times)
ya i kno about if you attack more then once the pic moves around and im trying to fix it. id also like some sugestions on how to get the pic to interact with the background.. like right now im just using a y variable for the ground but i want to add in different level in the ground and stuff. suggestions wecolme Smile (oya didnt use DanSprite. srry Dan, found to many bugs. found it easier to just make a completly new one. who knows when im done i may post it)

Edit: Updated-Fixed double jump
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

code:
Error - Line 136 - Assert line is false

Something like that. So it didn't run..: (
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Very nice graphics. Very Happy
I don't know how you've coded it, but I find it somewhat difficult to get the double jump to work (from what I can tell you're only allowed to make the second jump on the way up -- but I still quite often can't get it), and to get the triple attack to work.
Collision might be difficult. If you have simple, monocolour graphics, you could use whatdotcolour. But, given the main character's graphics, I don't think that's going to be the case. So, it means you'll just have to use a lot of if statements (but don't go repeating the if statements over and over inside your main loop -- use (a) function(s)).
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

(Im on my crap computer, installed it over here to practise turing..)

It didn't work for me. Do you know why?
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Looking very nice Bacchus. Looking forward to seeing more of it in action...i.e., payment pending :p.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:
code:
Error - Line 136 - Assert line is false

Something like that. So it didn't run..: (
im guessing that the pictures where moved then cause i get no error. im also guessing thats y it didnt run for u

@Cervantes- ya i need to make a cooldown period for the jump cause if you want it right now u have to quikly press up the first time and the attacking only lets you if the 'c' key is down during certain frames.. maybe i should broaden that bit lol

@Delos- Payment welcome Very Happy

thxs for the replies. ill try getting the attacking working better and jumping easier to do
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: