Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What to do with Luigi?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:55 pm   Post subject: What to do with Luigi?

Luigi needs help! I've been playing around with sprites again and I've gotten this far... but I need some ideas. What should I do with this game? Basically give me some suggestions on gameplay.

(Make sure to install the font included.)

EDIT: "Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 2 MB"

I don't understand

EDIT AGAIN: Thx dude..

Luigi.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Luigi.zip
 Filesize:  399.39 KB
 Downloaded:  408 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
atrain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can only upload a maxium of 2Mb of files....

try and removed some old stuff you posted before which is old and outdated...
person

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

very nice looking
u should make a zelda type of game except with luigi
Bacchus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nice, went really slow, but that may be b/c my comp is going slow right now, and can you do ne thing besides walk?
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hit "Ctrl"
Bacchus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ah, k. it was going to slow for me to experiment well. maybe add a frame rate control so it goes the same on all comps
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think frame rate here is all a matter of processor speed. With refreshing so many colours and so many calculations being done per pass (loop), Turing is maxed. I'm trying to find a way to speed it up. Killing music would probably help, or reducing map size.

I still don't know what he should do. Zelda style games have been done (ie. Zelda). Anyone else have comments?
cycro1234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Make Super Mario Luigi edition Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

RaPsCaLLioN wrote:
I think frame rate here is all a matter of processor speed. With refreshing so many colours and so many calculations being done per pass (loop), Turing is maxed. I'm trying to find a way to speed it up. Killing music would probably help, or reducing map size.

I still don't know what he should do. Zelda style games have been done (ie. Zelda). Anyone else have comments?

yes, i was playing at school on P4's and it was soooo slow, then i tried on my computer and it runs nice. Smile

i can see the requirements, p4 1.6 ghz, 256mb ram, 2mb hd, 4mb graphics gard

recommened: 3.8+ghz P4 Laughing
anyway good job with the random trees, and the collision detection
syphon4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:16 pm   Post subject: that is so sick

man who ever made this or whoever can help me...........i have been trying so hard to get a luigi sprite.......i was wondering if i could bother you for the code of the luigi walking sideways to the right or at least the code for just the code of the luigi sprite standing there

plz and and thank you.........this would be the biggest help in my life

if anyone can help me send me the code and everything i need to have my own lil luigi man ...send help to syphon4@gmail.com if you are someone who can truly help
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
i can see the requirements, p4 1.6 ghz, 256mb ram, 2mb hd, 4mb graphics gard

Hahah, a mario game with those requirements... What's the world coming to.

Wow, when I ran that game the first thing I thought of was - shite! this is one good game. The music is good, movement is good, sprtes are good, animation is good. Now just add the 'game' part and it will be sweet.

Suggestions:

1. Add "jumping".
2. Different maps.

Either make an rpg type game - really cool. OR
Make a 3d mario type game - unique and good too.

For an RPG you would have to add items, npc's, monsters, fighting, experience, things like that.

For a mario type game you have to have power-ups, 'coins', monsters, and obstacles.

There are probably other types of games you can make that I haven't mentioned Smile.

*EDIT* You know how you randomize the location of the sprites every time the program is run? Well, sometimes the trees spawn on top of poor luigi, so he is trapped Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: