Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Multi user chat program (max 4)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Token

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:16 pm   Post subject: Multi user chat program (max 4)

Hey, its not %100 glitch free but it works alright and has customizable user names. the way it works is the host connects to each of the 3 others by its self on different ports, when a message is sent to the host he echoe's it back to the other 2 who didnt send it, and if the host sends a message he sends it to all 3! its a pretty simple concept and i hope to work out the glitches, if you can catch a glitch please let me know, and enjoy!

-Token

miltichat.zip
 Description:
A simple easy to use multi user chat program

Download
 Filename:  miltichat.zip
 Filesize:  825.06 KB
 Downloaded:  348 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ssr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ummm Sounds nice
But too bad cant test it though,
since I dont know any1's ip. Razz Very Happy Very Happy
Token

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:22 pm   Post subject: actually...

actually you can, just run the host and then use the executables and connect to your own adress using different ports... enjoy Smile
zomg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

use the ip 127.0.0.1 which is correct if ur connecting to ur self Smile

i should repost my GUI chat... without the s-engine because it didnt seem to work with anyone else's comp...
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

really cool program. I enjoyed chatting with my friend on it add some functions like smilies and stuff and try to make it go many connections without needing more than 2 files Laughing
Token

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yah i guess i could do that easily with a couple of if statements Razz i'd have to change the variable names too but it would make it a lot simpler to use, yah i made it because i was tired of connectiong with my chat program for 1 user and then re-opening it and connecting through another port, my teacher is quite odd and some times when he's in a mood he'll tell us no talking at all, and its really anoying so i modified my program, the host, to have unlimitied connections just by typing /host, so i had over 20 people in my class in this massive chat room it was great he was so clueless, lol sorry about that it was kinda irrelevent, but ya i will try and work some more features into the program for future release thanks everyone for the imput and check back later for updatess
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: