Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Sugguestion on what to do with annoying people in res!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Aoi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:03 am   Post subject: Sugguestion on what to do with annoying people in res!

okay okay I'm sitting in my room which is pretty far from the hallway (I live in an apartment style residence) and I would here this runing (more like a hippo running) down the hall and it would consist ever 5-20 minutes... even in the middle of the nite! got any sugguestion to stop this certian female dog?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well we all ready came up with the trip line idea......some times i feal like going out there with a baseball bat and leting them "run in to it" (for leagal reason it whould be them runing in to the baseball bat not me hiting them with it Twisted Evil).

It whould be nice if the R.A. whould at least talk to them, i mean it most be anyoing every one on this side of the floor.....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Well we all ready came up with the trip line idea......some times i feal like going out there with a baseball bat and leting them "run in to it" (for leagal reason it whould be them runing in to the baseball bat not me hiting them with it Twisted Evil).

It whould be nice if the R.A. whould at least talk to them, i mean it most be anyoing every one on this side of the floor.....

Relative velocity.

Hell, you could argue that the earth threw the person into your baseball bat at 300m/s, and you were trying to move it away so they didn't get hurt, but the fastest you could do it was at 280m/s.

Smile
McKenzie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I always avoided Res for the very reason you are bringing up, put together a group of first year students and you will always get some idiots. Seems to me these are your options:
1. Ask them to stop. The problem with this is that it identifies you to the idiot. If you follow any further steps the dog will know that it is you.
2. Complain to the powers that be. I'm not sure who exactly is in charge there but someone is supposed to ensure that the environment is suitable for living and learning.
3. If you get no results go up the chain of command. All the way to the dean if need be.
4. In most towns making disturbing noise after 11:00 is against the law. If you know who the person is you can call the police. They will come out and talk to the person. You hafta play up the importance of it. (I have a test tomorrow, it gives me a pounding headache, it makes me scared...)

Keep in mind that the type of dog who runs around at all hours of the day probably won't be there next year. Idiot count goes down in second year because they just can't cut it.
Best advice - make plans to leave res. there will always be idiots there.
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Rez life isn't always that terrible. In the case of the idiots...they're there, they'll always be there. Your R.A.s (ha! We call them CAs here) should really have a talk with them. Hopefully they're professional-types, so they won't be mentioning your name in the convo.
As for moving off-campus...sure it's a step forward and all - and you won't have to contend w/ campus food that much...but there's something about rez life that makes the whole experience a little more worthwhile. Possibly the challenge it poses...or maybe the communal spirit that is oft raised...hmm...-
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Leave it to McKenzie to come up with a sensible, non-crazy solution.
My idea would require total darkness. You say this happens at night so I just assumed it would be dark in the hallway. Anyways, you and your anti-biatch squad go around the hallway Ninja style (so you can't get be identified) and use laser pointers. Feel free to try and find something better than lasers to use on the target. Just make sure you're out of there before she realises what's going on.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ear plugs?
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Kill them. simple, i heard aoi is capable of that.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

fishing line is amazingly invisible in certain situations... and it works wonders at neck height...
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

goodness. ur evil.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

McKenzie wrote:
Best advice - make plans to leave res. there will always be idiots there.

If your campus has special interest houses, make plans to live in one of those. The kind of people who live in such places are generally more focused and less disruptive.
Asok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the solution to your problem is simple: UNLEASH THE SNAKES! Twisted Evil
md

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

er... snakes are too much work... best just to get some mice... Razz
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thumb tacks.

Although I have to say, Cornflake, that we pretty much qualified as being the annoying people in res (along with, well, 70% of our floor). All of the signs were there. Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ah Martin, you're so funny Rolling Eyes

But you're right about being annoying. So I'm living off-campus next term Wink
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 6  [ 82 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: