Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How do i put pics where i want them?
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rjm72

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:08 pm   Post subject: How do i put pics where i want them?

Im making my webpage and i cant figure out how to put my pics where i want them i am using NotePad to make it. but i only hav 3 choices where to allign my pics is there allign=right,allign=left or allighn=middle
is there an easier way to do it if so plz tell me soon.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Use Cascading Style Sheets. Google for the term and you'll get more tutorials on their use than you can handle. Smile
SwAnK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If your wanting it centered then you'll have to create a <table> with 3 cells, and place you picture in the middle. you could always try <centre> </center>

*EDIT (AMAILER): Weird, the center tag (i think) screwed up the layout of this topic XD, disabled HTML in this post*
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No. Using either tables or the center tag for these purposes is wrong. It might work now, but it's deprecated, so there's no guarantee it will continue to work.
diqua

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u could also use a WYSIWIG editor such as microsoft front Page :p blea :p microsoft
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

diqua wrote:
u could also use a WYSIWIG editor such as microsoft front Page :p blea :p microsoft

Or you could respect modern web standards and use Cascading Style Sheets.
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aww, come on, who needs standards? I mean, look at Microsoft! They don't give a damn about them, and Bill Gates is the richest man in the world! Standards are so restricting. Everyone should just do their own thing.
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

And Microsoft is stagnating.

Remember, standards mean other people can share the burden. That's the beauty of the open-source movement and well designed, coherent APIs like Cocoa.

Microsoft is, in the long run, screwed because writing software on the scale they're trying to is not easy, even for a company with the resources of Microsoft. The only way others overcome this is by not trying to do all the work themselves.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But...but...look at all of the cool new features that Microsoft says'll be in Longhorn when it comes out in two years. Way better than OSX!

Okay, my sarcastic rant is ending now.
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heh. And yeah, vaporware is fun.

"Don't buy a Mac now, because in a couple of years we'll have all of the same stuff. Granted, you'll have to buy all-new hardware anyway to have even a prayer of running it, and even then it'll run slower than Windows XP does on your current computer, but change is bad. Well, it's bad now. In a couple of years when we release Windows XP SP3 it'll definitely be worth changing."
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, it's "We'll have the same stuff, only it will be improved, we promise! Our desktop search'll be way better than Apple's. Granted, right now it's only in the 'pre-design' phase, but...but..."

Although I must admit that the idea of a DirectX powered desktop does have its appeal.
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Although I must admit that the idea of a DirectX powered desktop does have its appeal.

DirectX, OpenGL... it's ultimately just about getting the GPU to do more of the work.
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, but I mean Windows Longhorn's desktop is actually supposed to be powered by DirectX. It'll look nice in any case.
Lazarus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could always use a blockcuote like so:
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Lazarus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I heard they changed the name of longhorn to something else, probally just a romor though.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: