Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Quality Graphics
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Psiborg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:23 pm   Post subject: Quality Graphics

I have learned quite a bit about openGL programming but i am wondering how the proffesionals get their high(er) quality graphics. I hardly expect that they go into openGL and hard code each of their 3D immages. Is there some program that will allow me to create a 3D model that can be imported into openGL
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They obviously don't. Any 3D model can be loaded into OpenGL, as long as code has been written to open and interpret the content of that file's format. Most model type have their specifications listed somewhere on the internet. In the meantime here is a nice tutorial for loading .3ds files.
http://www.spacesimulator.net/tut4_3dsloader.html
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

blender blender blender blender blender (waitin for coutsos to show up and take over)
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm no Blender evangelist. I've given my input, if you're interested in 3D graphics and are under the assumption that you can find information on this website, you should be able to find your way on your own.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: