Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Underground search for 'God particle'
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:09 pm   Post subject: Underground search for 'God particle'

Underground search for 'God particle'
At the foot of the Jura Mountains,
where Switzerland meets France, is a laboratory so vast it boggles the mind

That's sweet huh? Its actually very amazing XD
How exactally do they contain the energy in that -- tube? Isn't it suppose be a powerful burst of energy?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The reason that this is huge is because of energy. I think in order to move something fast, it has to be small, and also the smaller it is, the harder it is to put high energies into it. That's why if you were to try and accelerate something smaller than a proton to the same speed, you'd have to need equipment that is magnitudes larger than that. Shocked
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
The reason that this is huge is because of energy. I think in order to move something fast, it has to be small, and also the smaller it is, the harder it is to put high energies into it. That's why if you were to try and accelerate something smaller than a proton to the same speed, you'd have to need equipment that is magnitudes larger than that. Shocked

ok that makes absolutely no sense at all... you dont put energy into something, you give it different types of energy ie kinetic by acclerating, electric by charging it, and gravitational by lifting it, particles are accelerated in a particle accelerator by a long magnetic field using centripetal acceleration and based on charge to mass ratios...
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what u just said is what I said, giving it energy, putting energy into it. To make it move fast, you need to give energy to it, which I say is putting energy into it. A difference in terms. I'm just saying it takes a huge facility to concentrate large amounts of energy onto a small mass.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I want some energy too! Shifty
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Black Mesa.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: