Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 .NET Assistance needed
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:03 am   Post subject: .NET Assistance needed

My final ISU for Grade 12 Programming was an attempt at a MUDD, but I ran into multiple problems connecting multiple users AND reading information from them. To do this simutanaeously (without creating a multi-threaded application) I tried simply to create 2 threads, one to deal with incoming connections, one to read input from pre-connected users. This didnt work because the threads couldnt transfer connections to the main class. (My main focus with using threads was their ability to sleep, and let the other thread do its duty.) Well, is there any way to accomplish what I want the way im doing it, or is creating a multi-threaded server the only way?
Thanks, Danshadow.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ur title says .NET.. exactly what language are u using?
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ummm...rizzix....
rizzix wrote:

Quote:

CompSci.ca Forum Index -> Java Help

Java, duh Razz , lol.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

DanShadow wrote:
ummm...rizzix....
rizzix wrote:

Quote:

CompSci.ca Forum Index -> Java Help

Java, duh Razz , lol.

Yes, but your topic title says ".NET" which is usually associated with Microsoft's .NET platform ( http://www.microsoft.com/net/ ). Did you just mean Java's net package? If so, I'm rather interested in the topic myself Very Happy Just the name was misleading.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: