Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 the weirdest dam thing
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zomg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:09 pm   Post subject: the weirdest dam thing

okay me and my friend were playing counter strike source and asked a a guy if he wanted to form a clan with us, he said okay and turns out to be some kick ass programming god that works for IBM and just gave me a free website on a mambo server Shocked Very Happy ,

we just got it now and im still in utter shock at all the options available to an admin Shocked anyway the site is
http://fgr.syncsynd.com/index.php
anyway it has just begun

FGR is my CSS clan btw...
im adding like a whole bunch of features, oh and dont worry it wont just be about counter strike lol, ill have a variety of topics(none of which will be compsci, so im not trying to take users away from here Wink )

but i just got word from the guy...
unlimited bandwidth, unlimited file storage, unilimited everything Very Happy , im currently trying to get PHPBB2 to work but that might take some time ill tell u all when its ready
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

eh? Mambo isn't a server -- right?
Isn't it a CMS?

anyhow, wow nice.... Neutral now just hope that your clan doesn't die soon so you can enjoy your free hosting.

How about calling him to this site? Rolling Eyes
zomg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
eh? Mambo isn't a server -- right?
Isn't it a CMS?

ya sorry my bad the server is in texas somewhere

Amailer wrote:

How about calling him to this site? Rolling Eyes

i might... but really i think he might be a bit more advanced than anyone here... he's 27, works for IBM programs day and night.
hmmm... perhaps he could help with dan v3
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Shadow Master wrote:
i might... but really i think he might be a bit more advanced than anyone here... he's 27, works for IBM programs day and night.

We do have wtd Wink

Anyways - Dan's v3 is a mess. Noone but him can pretend to understand as to what's going on due to the spelling of his comments. Laughing
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
Shadow Master wrote:

We do have wtd Wink

Anyways - Dan's v3 is a mess. Noone but him can pretend to understand as to what's going on due to the spelling of his comments. Laughing

It has comments Rolling Eyes
I thought Dan said he never uses comments... wow Neutral
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
due to the spelling of his comments.

or lack there of Wink
zomg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol
anyway i got a phpbb forum up there now Very Happy so ya, its pretty dam sweet

ya im gonna get everything goin this weekend

EDIT: finding some serious glitches, so im gonna try and fix some of it after school
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shadow Master wrote:
i got a phpbb forum up there now

ehh.. isn't mambo suppost to be a simplified alternative to phpbb? Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya but i didnt kno what i was doin with it.

i m ight actually have to scrap phpbb becuz it cant have the same users as the website, therefore u could regester twice to my website for 2 different things
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well what can i say.. mambo looks like one cool CMS. Wink
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shadow Master wrote:
ya but i didnt kno what i was doin with it.

i m ight actually have to scrap phpbb becuz it cant have the same users as the website, therefore u could regester twice to my website for 2 different things

If i remember correctly... Mambo has its own forum.... or it has phpBB built in, the phpBB you have is put into a frame.. looks like you installed it and just linked it XD or I could be wrong.
zomg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for some reason or another the website is down...
well it was gonna be shutdown anyway for updates, but i cant even log in as admin Confused so i have to talk to this guy again, o well

hope it'll be back up soon

were currently working on a hole new theme based on counterstrike and a unique look for our clan: <[FGR]>
zomg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm... we got it working again... but the template is really boring dont worry we'll fix that, anyway the forum is now working properly
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: