Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Beginning of a flying game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
didsbub

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:22 pm   Post subject: Beginning of a flying game

This is the beginning of a flying game
I've included the beginning code

plane.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.99 KB
 Viewed:  3093 Time(s)

plane.JPG

aerialview.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  0 Bytes
 Viewed:  3098 Time(s)

aerialview.GIF

plane.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.03 KB
 Viewed:  3077 Time(s)

plane.GIF

Flying.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Flying.t
 Filesize:  1.11 KB
 Downloaded:  194 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sharing is good, but if you're going to post a whole whack of small programs you've made, please do so in the same post so as not to spam the forum.

A comment: use whitespace!
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well this partially moves and rotates some pictures, though I can't be sure because I don't actually have any appropriate pictures lying around.. Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
didsbub

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just look for some plane pictures on google
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You won't get many comments on your program if people have to search for pieces of your puzzle.
didsbub

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've added the plane and background pictures for the program
iker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Would play your game, but it seems to not load the pictures, because you posted .gifs, and .gifs are not supported..., and I don't feel like changing the format (yes I AM that lazy)[/b]
do_pete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing v4.1 supports GIFs
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What is this Turing 4.1 that you are talking about? I remember it being mentioned a few days back... Is it out? Any proof of this?

It's easy to just say something like that because the Turing help file said it would be included when the licence ran out (past time now), but that they are actually releasing something...
sylvester-27

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
What is this Turing 4.1 that you are talking about? I remember it being mentioned a few days back... Is it out? Any proof of this?

It's easy to just say something like that because the Turing help file said it would be included when the licence ran out (past time now), but that they are actually releasing something...

Yes, it is out i have it at my house. It's just as good as turing 4.0 though...or at least in my own opinion. 4.1 has been out for quite a while
codemage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Haven't seen it yet, and I don't know where do's teacher got it from so quickly - but it's supposedly available through the bureaucracy that provides software to Ontario schools.

Here's the proof:

From their site (osapac):

Quote:
TURING 4.1 is a programming language with an easy-to-learn syntax and is supported by a student-friendly programming environment. It is suitable for use in computer studies courses in grades 9 through 12 including the Computing and Information Science and the Computer Engineering courses. Turing 4.1, adds a number of new features that have been asked for by teachers and students: "¢ Sprites, making it easier for students to write programs that use animation "¢ Importation of GIF images, including multiple framed images, allowing students to incorporate images created in other programs, or from clipart libraries "¢ Special effects for displays of images: wipes, fade-ins, blurs, and blends, allowing students to programmatically produce sophisticated graphical displays These features encourages students to write programs that demonstrate their understanding of programming concepts, while allowing them to produce pleasing graphical displays. This motivates them to learn even more by complementing the pedagogical concepts underlying their programs.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That's awesome, latest announcement on HoltSoft's site is about 4.0.3 Laughing

So who here knows anyone in osapac?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
nastynika

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[mod:7071486423="Cervantes"]Flaming is against the rules. You have been warned.[/mod:7071486423]
do_pete

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah 4.1 is out, i got it during summer for $20.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

*can't wait for the Turing 4.1 Update post* Very Happy

This update was unexpected... at least to me.

[Edit]Oh, and multidimensional flexible arrays without any tricks would be nice!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: