Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 spyware
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
cool dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:37 pm   Post subject: spyware

i downloaded a spyware scanner program on my computer and i did a full scan. when it was done it found many and i mean many spyware on my computer. when i wanted to delete it i couldn't because first i have to purchase it, which i don't want to do. is there any free or trial version i could download of spyware removal. i already have adaware 6.0 and i use it but i want a spyware removal.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

use spybot (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html) it is free and works.....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

have u tried the microsoft antispyware? its very good.. (surprisingly)
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
have u tried the microsoft antispyware? its very good.. (surprisingly)

Except for the fact that it likes to label software that competes with Microsoft's own as spyware.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but u can set exceptions so it wont pick it up the nxt time
zomg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

spyware blaster is amazing because it actually prevents spyware from returning on ur comp and it doesnt use resources, i use that and adaware SE Pro. i dont have to many problems Smile

i gotta try this MS spyware removal i can see it now:
spyware found: 1 object
-Internet Explorer
MihaiG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

spybot is the best its customizable and alos gwt AVG anti virus that also comes in hand most viruses instal spyware/adware and if you only use a bot it doens t destroy the main source
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, Microsoft's is actually really good. Just make sure you look through the list to make sure it's only deleting spyware Razz .

I use Spybot when I'm on Windows, however.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Everyone take note. Martin advocates use of Microsoft's anti-spyware program... just not with Windows.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pardon my illiteracy.

What I mean to say was install linux and forget about spyware.
md

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

we should forgive him, he's probably a bit confused from all the top secret stuff he's going (like apparently running MS spyware on linux Shocked )
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

All is forgiven.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey its possible , VM ware is the Devil i say

And if Linux is giving you a hard time , jsut Go to mac, then all your Virus Spyware and Adware problems are gone , becuase hte index of such files is apparantly 17 in total. OHHHH AHHHHHH

Take Advantage of all the Apps . and then tell us which one worked best or what found the most , Id like to get a good review of them when used together , My lack of a Windwos machine kinda stops me form performing such a task
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
Take Advantage of all the Apps . and then tell us which one worked best or what found the most , Id like to get a good review of them when used together , My lack of a Windwos machine kinda stops me form performing such a task

You poor soul. You mean to tell us you don't have the pleasure of spending all day reviewing anti-malware apps?
cool dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks guys. i already found a really good one except its only a 30 day trial. if u go to webroot.com and then go to downloads you'll see the spyware removal called spysweeper. my friend suggested it to me and it's really good.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: