Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 my new hero
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:01 pm   Post subject: my new hero

Quit Smoking or Quit Your Job, U.S. Company Says
Reuters.com wrote:

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The owner of a Michigan company who forced his employees to either quit smoking or quit their jobs said on Wednesday he also wants to tell fat workers to lose weight.

haha, that guy is awesome Laughing

and if anyone is wondering... no Wink
Routers.com wrote:

So far no legal challenges have been made to Weyco's policies.

Source: Rounters.com
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Aoi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow that is the best thing I ever heard from an empolyer! wish my dad worked there! ahahahahaha
md

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That guy rocks!

I can see how he could get away with firing workers who smoke, but i'm not sure about fat people...

Either way... if I ever turn nxor.org into a real company I am SO not gonna hire smokers Very Happy
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How about you hire them, give them a really nice pay - then a few days/weeks later you tell them you'll fire them unless they quit Twisted Evil hehehe
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
tell them you'll fire them unless they quit Twisted Evil

you mean quit smoking, right? else that just sounds stupid.. Confused

But ether way, having fat people around the work place is so disturbing. And they are not very productive anyways Laughing
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Not to mention how much room they take up. Rolling Eyes
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow u peoleop are so polticaly incorcect i do not even whont to talk about it........
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

comes to think of it - if fat people were to loose their jobs, they would have to eat less. Thinking

So not only do they become healthier - there will be more food for the others Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
you mean quit smoking, right? else that just sounds stupid..

Oops Surprised I did mean quit smoking, oh well.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:

So not only do they become healthier - there will be more food for the others

Yeah, maybe we can seriously reduce the famine in Africa by firing these fat guys?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

start pushing a new slogan into the business world - "support red cross - fire a fat guy!"
Pickles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maybe they should fire all the ppl with disabilites to, minorities while were at it.

That would be great... Rolling Eyes
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

then the fat guy starts his own business and fires anybody who isin't obese.. they overthrow the competition.. and yea now u got to be fat to get a job. have fun eating. Confused
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pickles wrote:
Maybe they should fire all the ppl with disabilites to, minorities while were at it.

Why stop there? why don't we fire all the peoleop who do not have blond hair and blue eyes. and keep going and fire all the peoleop who are not the same relgione as us.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
md

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Why stop there? why don't we fire all the peoleop who do not have blond hair and blue eyes. and keep going and fire all the peoleop who are not the same relgione as us.

Fine by me; it just means that i'll be garunteed employment Very Happy although we shouldn't be firing all these people, we shold be making them do hard manual labour; like digging mines, or being medical research subjects...
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: