Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Computer Problem
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
josh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:19 pm   Post subject: Computer Problem

Over the past few days I have been having alot of problems with my PC. It has been freezing randomly and I have had to restart it and it has been preforming very slowly.

I ran a virus scan with norton and picked up nothing. Now today I was trying to do one of my regular backups. I erased teh cd-rw I use and I used record now to start the backup and I left the room. i came back and it was odd because record now was not ont the screen and the disk drive was not open like it usually is when it is done. I tried to explore the disk in My computer, and it said there was no disk in the drive. and now I can not even open the CD drive.

I am backing everything up (no easy task without a burner) onto my dads laptop, and I think I may have to bite the bullet and reformat my PC. I probobly should n e way because there it tonnes of shit on there. I was just wondering if you think this migh fix my CD drive problem

Also when I do the system recovery, I have an HP, will all the things like my drivers for my motherboard be set back to their original version? so will I have to update my mobo back up with agp drivers again, and re-install my gfx card drivers?

thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
josh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also: I have quite a few games installed on my PC, if I just copy the save directories from those games onto my other PC, and put them back after I re-install the games, will I be able to play my saved games?
Blade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea most games work that way, although there are some that have wierd ways of saving, like the old original diablo... this might fix your problem, but it also could be a hardware issue, like a weak power supply... weak power supplies can do weird things to your computer...
josh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have been talking to ultrahex for a while on the IRC channel, adn he siad hte software probobly chrashed and the burner is locked in the burn mode so it won't open. I am doing a full system backup to another PC, so when it is done I will restart a few times and mess around with it
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: