Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DnD Generated (Ill update frequently)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:14 pm   Post subject: DnD Generated (Ill update frequently)

This is the first version of it. Its NOT complete. It only has about 150 lines of code. I would really appreciate it if people would post any bugs that they find. Im not making this for school. Its for practise and to help my brother play Dnd. If you have any imput it is also apreciated. Ive only spent about 2 hours on it. Im working on it right now and for the next 4-5 hours.

EDIT "The Extension exe is not allowed"

Why cant I attach it?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cycro1234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Try puting it in a winZip archive.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

-a

UPDATED VERSION

|
|
|
V
Neo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's a bug for ya, I entered a few stats and chose my race and the program finished.. Confused
Bacchus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont think itys a bug, i just think thats all he has atm
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The rolls seem to be pretty high. I got an average of 89 (did it three times).
Also, you should make it so that you roll all the abilities and you can see them all, then assign the abilities to the various stats.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

In due time. I worked on it some last night but a lot my power went out and it didn't come back on till this morning. Im just finishing up the class/ hp stuff then ill edit this post with the latest.

Note - Rolls are 3D3 plus 9 so stats between 12-18. Ill change the rolls once im finished. They are mostly for testing the stat mods, which I got working with about 80 lines of code...

Seeing the rolls and choosing takes to long to test stuff while im making it, I will change it once most of the stuff is done though.

EDIT - Im now adding the file. There is 337 lines in the prog. Lots of stuff you won't see. If you find any bugs please tell me so I can fix them, and anything you would like me to ad to it or alter just let me know and ill see what I can do.

Im working on the Name, Age, Description, appearence ext. Im going to have a printer friendly version when im done so it will be a quick way to make D&D chars.

UPDATED VERSION

|
|
|
V
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good good. Though it seems like it shouldn't take that many lines. Ah well, now (before your exam) is not the time to be learning new things Wink
If you're going to output the hitpoints per level each class gets, you should also say some other advantages / disadvantages of the class. As you have it now, the user would think barbarians are the best and wizard / sorcerer are the worst.
And, the ranger gets d10 on hit dice, IIRC.

-Cervantes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the input and such. Lots of things take up a lot of code that shouldn't take up that much, but they do. Like for instance getting the Mods of the six stats to work. Heres he first 10 lines which covers just Str.

code:
Removed for security

The same For statement does it all to save on lines and space. There is also a bug with Alignment (9). I fixed it though but I don't think that one has the fix. Ill update within an hour.

Quote:

What do you mean? The book says d8 "Cleric, Druid, Monk, Ranger" (Page 23 of Player handbook).
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is my last update....Untill tommorow!
Okay if you make your name too long then it gets kinda messed. Im going to take some countermesuares against it. It ends at the chart so its not a glitch or anything. Havn't added the Advantages/Disadvantages yet but I will. I want to get the fundementals in and then im going to add little "Help files" along the way. In the race chart it will have 8 ) Help File.

I had it before but I took it out untill I get everything in order with no bugs.

So as everytime I would appritaite feedback/advice/howto/suggestions and all that stuff. You cant make Cervantes do ALL the work 8)

UPDATED VERSION

|
|
|
V
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:
Cervantes wrote:

What do you mean? The book says d8 "Cleric, Druid, Monk, Ranger" (Page 23 of Player handbook).

Really? Wierd. I thought it was d10. And dnd based games such as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale use d10 for the ranger. Whatever.. Confused

I have no idea how you are doing the rolls. Personally, I just roll four d6's and remove the lowest one.

Arrays are nice:
Turing:

var randNum : array 1 .. 4 of int
for i : 1 .. upper (randNum)
    randNum (i) := Rand.Int (1, 6)
    put randNum (i)
end for

var smallest := 7 %used to find the smallest value
    if randNum (i) < smallest then
        smallest := randNum (i)
    end if
end for

var stat := 0
    stat += randNum (i)
end for
stat -= smallest
put skip, stat

There's a messy way of doing it for one stat. For 6, you'd probably want to make stat into an array 1 .. 6 of int.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im not going to update today or tommorow because I have to study non-turing for my exam tommorow, and for history on tuesday. I havn't abandoned the project. Im still open for suggestions and such. Thanks for all the help Cervantes. My dice roll is about 82 lines. It uses a loop and a for statement. The only time ive used arrays is for Polygons. Im going to redo the dice so you can see all of them and then choose which stat you want them all.

Untill Tuesday night, after my last exam.

Flikerator
Flikerator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here is the latest version of my D&D Character Generater. I added music. Now im putting the option to have music and not have music at the begining because when I have the music everytime I enter something it flickers. Ironic with my name..Anyways. Yah if you know how to fix he flicker error or how I can play music without using a fork that would be much appreciated.

Current Lines: 552

REMOVED FOR MY NEW GAME ZOMBIE MASS'ACRES!
person

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nothing flickers on my comp
Flikerator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The music is playing and it doesnt have a slight flicker when you enter a stat?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 23 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: