Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Teacher needed..
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
1337_brad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:13 pm   Post subject: Teacher needed..

Hi, I would like to learn C++ and I have looked at a few tutorials but it would be nice to have a "tutor" of sorts. I know a few other programming languages so I am not new to the idea of programming, and I learn quickly. Well if anybody would help you can email me at bradvot@hotmail.com, or just post here =)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What other languages do you claim to know? Smile
1337_brad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:54 pm   Post subject: Well...

I only know some noobish languages Razz I know VB, Turing, and a bit of JAVA
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The first bit of advice I'll give you is to avoid Microsoft's Visual C++ 6 compiler and anything from Borland like the plague. Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET C++ compiler and GCC are both fine alternatives, though I prefer GCC because I believe integrated development environments make things more complicated than necessary.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

is .net THAT much better than 6?
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i disagree.. borland is good.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
is .net THAT much better than 6?

rizzix wrote:
i disagree.. borland is good.

The C++ compiler shipped with Visual Studio .NET is vastly superior to that shipped with VC++ 6. In version 6 they intended to create the "perfect compiler for Windows." This meant it sucked for creating cross-platform code, b=mostly because of the terrible support for the Standard Template Library, and template programming in general. Due to much complaining from developers, they improved standards compliance in VC++ 7 (the version shipped with VS.NET).

Borland gets no love for the same reason. Standards compliance. They're terrible at it.
1337_brad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:26 am   Post subject: Hmm..

Well I know the basics, and I have a simple compiler to just learn for now, and I just want some basic tutorials on the code.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

First I would suggest browsing through the tutorials available here in the C/C++ tutorials forum.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: