Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 rpg game demo
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Fonzie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:05 pm   Post subject: rpg game demo

okay, here is my rpg demo I handed in as an ISU. I only had 3 weeks to do it so my teacher said just the demo was fine. I really had to rush the graphics in the battle scene so I apologize for their....surplus of unattractiveness. Some things still don't work, namely all the non-combat skills so don't bother getting them. I would really appreciate feedback as I would like to finish the game even though it's not for marks and I worked really hard on it so far.

rpg.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rpg.zip
 Filesize:  643.64 KB
 Downloaded:  597 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

theres some bugs with the cmbat system, pretty good tho, also dont use getch if you hold something down it screws it all up
Fonzie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what bugs? purely graphical or worse?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh... not bad at all, could be improved - but I like it. It seems I lost on the first fight Thinking oh well, just add some graphics for the people (they dont even have to be animated).
Bacchus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

srry i had to do some homework, wat hapend was i was sstill in the bar and i started to fight some ppl, but i had 2 ppl of the same name and 1 guy was left alive. my guy could keep attacking but the other guys couldnt hit him, occasionaly they would attack a dead person too
Fonzie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn I thought the dead person bug was fixed, I had that problem for awhile. As for the hitting thing, it's probably not a bug, was your character a thief?
person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

really nice game, sort of final fantasy ish

btw, when will u finish the game?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Really well done, Fonzie!
The only thing I don't like is that you can't do anything to influence who your enemies will attack. The guys at the bar butchered my main hero, and I can't retreat with him. Perhaps a feature that allows an offensive or defensive fighting style could be added. If you're fighting offensively, enemies will attack you more often. But, if your guy is fighting defensively, enemies are more likely to attack other party memebers.
Also, after my main character got knocked out, my enemies kept beating on him. The Fallen Hero did 32 damage to an already unconscious Aust Chordus with a mace; I'm pretty sure that should have done him in. Laughing
It would be really good if you incorporated some sort of mouse aspect. Doing the whole thing with the keyboard step-by-step can be kinda tedious.
I'm looking forward to the complete version!
+30BITS
-Cervantes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ssr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I really liked the game, it was pretty cool, but it would be better if u add more graphics to teh fighting part.
Very Happy GJ Very Happy
Flikerator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I really liked the game, I just wish I could get my hands on the source code Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Going through the guys talking it didn't seem to have a delay and it just went through the text really fast. I dunno if its a bug or not I only tried it once after I won.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and just so you kno, yes im pretty sure i got the bug with my thief char
Flikerator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also "Equipting" every single time I attack is really annoying >.<
person

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Going through the guys talking it didn't seem to have a delay and it just went through the text really fast. I dunno if its a bug or not I only tried it once after I won.

its not really a bug. there's a "press any key to continue" if u held a key, it turing would just except it as the next input even though the "press any key to continue" hasnt shown up yet
Fonzie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually your enemies are influenced by your actions, just not as extensively as I'd like. They look to see if they can get a weapon advantage. The fallen hero has all three weapon types so he will usually just attack the first character that isn't a mage. As for the equiping "problem" what weapon you have plays a huge part in claculating accuracy and damage. It's just as important, if not more important, than what attack you use.

As for not hitting the thief, I may of just made his evade to high. Normally it works, but if you give hime 3 evade bonuses he may be almost impossible to hit.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Any idea when we can expect an update? ^^ Lolz
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: