Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Piano Keyboard
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
compuwiz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:50 am   Post subject: Piano Keyboard

This is my first submission, and my attempt at a working piano key board.....

please don't ridicule me.....
________
compuwiz

PianoKeyboard.zip
 Description:
My First Try

Download
 Filename:  PianoKeyboard.zip
 Filesize:  358.38 KB
 Downloaded:  358 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Viper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont see what your so worried about u have a pretty good program there...you shoud add a choice between goofing around and recording bc it can get quite annoying havting to hit Y or N after every click
ste_louis26

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Seems pretty good. Looks like you mastered the GUI that Turing has. I agree with viper: the y or n after every note is DAMN ANOYING. I couldn' tell if the sound worked because i didn't have any headphones or speakers (LOL) Confused
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That sounds like it's got some potential.

You should make it do interesting things like save music files, and play back. That would require a bit of work but it could come out quite nice... the biggest problem you'd proably encounter is time.
cool dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i really like the program except for two things

1)every time it asks yes/no after every note. i don't have the code to fix that

2)i don't know why nobody who posted here didn't notice this but when u press no after u pressed a note the program crashes.
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Viper wrote:
i dont see what your so worried about u have a pretty good program there...you shoud add a choice between goofing around and recording bc it can get quite annoying havting to hit Y or N after every click

Tis its not like we ever flame good projects around here

i agree about the yes ot no thing... very annoying
compuwiz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thank you for your input on the program......i only really had about a week to plan, write, and test the program before it was due.

i know the yes/no is annoying, but i just needed to bave backups in case people only had to get a certain note, and pressed the wrong key....

If i have some time in the future, i may change this program to include some of the suggestions that you have made.

Thank you
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: