Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help required with programming in Java
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ad216

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:23 am   Post subject: Help required with programming in Java

Hello,

I go to the University of Toronto and I am a first year student requiring help with my first year computer science course. I have no programming background but I need this course for my Statistics, Mathematics, and Economics majors.
We recieved our first assignment and I am totally lost. Any sort of help will be appreciated; this assignment looks long but in the words of our prof, "the coding is very simple". There are a few rules. If anyone wishes to post their version of a complete code for this assignment, I would not mind - it would help a great deal. If you wish to talk to me privately, my msn/email is amit.dhand@utoronto.ca. Here is the assignment link:

http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~campbell/108/05w/assignments/a1/index.shtml

Thank you anyone for helping,

Amit
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:24 am   Post subject: Re: Help required with programming in Java

ad216 wrote:
If anyone wishes to post their version of a complete code for this assignment, I would not mind

I bet your prof will. Come on buddy - you go to a University. (UofT at that - which as far as I'm conserned doesn't have bears; that has got to suggest some kind of a status)

anyways, it would majorly suck to get caugh cheating on your first assignment, don't you think? This isn't highschool - you're lucky if you get away with a 0. My buddy has gotten it worse for letting someone (from another program) look at his code for a similar assignment.
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
For this assignment, you are asked to produce four classes: ClassRoom, AVEquipment, ClassRoomTester, and AVEquipmentTester.

Do you know how to write the basic outline for these classes? Hint: it's the same for each, with the exception of the class name.
ad216

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't ask you guys complete the code....but rather, I was wondering if anyone can help me get started. The concepts are understandable, but it's the "flow" of the code that confuses me. Like, where do I begin, what do I need to write, etc...

But thanks anyways
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

start with code design (already done for you).. then write the testcases. Wink

then do the coding (of the classes).. and run relevant testcases now-and-then to make sure the stuff runs right.
ad216

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
start with code design (already done for you).. then write the testcases. Wink

then do the coding (of the classes).. and run relevant testcases now-and-then to make sure the stuff runs right.

You want me to write the tests before writing the code? That's something our teacher never did...but it makes more sense that way. I'm sorry if I'm sounding very elementary, but this is stuff is a whole new world to me, but for you guys it must be like repeating the first letters of the alpahabet. So, in other words, if giving me ideas, please elaborate on them.

Thank You
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well assuming ur XP'ing.. then yea testcases before code. and u can't xp without a partner. but u can follow a similar protocol.. no harm done.

PS: just make sure your tests are rigorous. xp relies on tedious and detalied tests
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: