Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Special Characters and Clear Screen
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Neo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:28 pm   Post subject: Special Characters and Clear Screen

How would I use the "symbol" font in Java? If you don't know what I mean, open up word and click insert->symbol->then select symbols from the drop down menu. I want to use the spade,heart,clubs and diamond characters. And also how would I clear the main screen?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well there are two ways i could see u doing this, if it is a standted ASCII char then u could probly just copy and past it in to your code or you could make a char varbible and give it the ASCII value of the char u whont.

Ex:

code:

char letter = 168;

now letter should be an upsidedown ?[/code]
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Neo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I found a thread that shows how to use the card suit characters but it just displays a "?" mark when I try. Confused Somebody mentions changing the font to Ariel but how would I do that? Here's the thread:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=579374&messageID=2926503

This is the code for the suits if your too lazy to look at that thread:
code:

char spade = (char)0x2660;
char club = (char)0x2663;
char heart = (char)0x2665;
char diamond = (char)0x2666;

Tell me if you can get it to work.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: