Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The pwnage never stops
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:44 pm   Post subject: The pwnage never stops

IBM = pwned.. whos next?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ummm... IBM gladly sold their PC business, which was not very profitable. IBM continues to reign supreme in servers and chip engineering.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i was stating to the fact that chinese corporations are taking over american companies one by one... al though

site wrote:
The merged firm will have sales of about $12bn a year, as well as a five-year licence for IBM's PC brands.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Most computers sold in North America are manufactured either in Taiwan or on the mainland.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea but thats because of the cheap labor.. but chinese corporation actually owning an american enterprise.. its pretty big
zomg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

srry i missed something here... IBM sold out? to who? what about there deal with M$ for XBox 2 CPU's?
i demand answers to this! Smile
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shadow master wrote:
srry i missed something here... IBM sold out? to who? what about there deal with M$ for XBox 2 CPU's?
i demand answers to this! Smile

IBM sold their PC business to Chinese computer maker Lenovo.

They didn't sell their chip-making business, server business, or software business. The XBox2 will be powered by a PowerPC chip, and IBM is still making those.
zomg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o ic even tho IBM wasnt making much money off pc's i never thought they, the original company that signed with M$ would do that... o well i guess we've seen the last of IBM comps
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shadow master wrote:
o ic even tho IBM wasnt making much money off pc's i never thought they, the original company that signed with M$ would do that... o well i guess we've seen the last of IBM comps

Lenovo will continue to use the IBM brand name for at least the next five years.
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha its not so easy to kick a giant out of business.

they have their stratergy. and ibm chips as world best.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
haha its not so easy to kick a giant out of business.

they have their stratergy. and ibm chips as world best.

They already are the world's best. Now they just need to get the rest of the world to realize it.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heh, Andy. This is at least a month-old news Wink

They'll also still be making large computers for scientific modelling and stuff. Seems just the desktops are going to Lenovo. Something about IBM not being able to reach the Chinese market as a result of legal issues anyway (while Lenovo obviously can), so this way they can penetrate the last large untapped market they've got.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
Heh, Andy. This is at least a month-old news Wink

They'll also still be making large computers for scientific modelling and stuff. Seems just the desktops are going to Lenovo. Something about IBM not being able to reach the Chinese market as a result of legal issues anyway (while Lenovo obviously can), so this way they can penetrate the last large untapped market they've got.

Plus their PC business wasn't making them much money and brought them significant business ties to Intel and Microsoft that they didn't want, seeing as they're competing with both of those companies pretty heavily. This way Lenovo gets to bear all of those burdens and IBM still has name recognition.
zomg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah i guess it makes sense for then to have done all this... i guess it never clicked in that becuz IBM made PC and Chips that they were doin business with amd and intel while competing with them...ironic
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

o shiz ur rite.. this is month old news.. oh wells lol
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: