Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Ruby] missing mswin32-ruby16.dll
Index -> Programming, Ruby -> Ruby Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:21 am   Post subject: [Ruby] missing mswin32-ruby16.dll

well this question is directed tawards wtd, but if anyone else can shed some light on the issue - please let me know.

I'm running Rails using Ruby 1.8.2 with Apache 2.0. All works fine, pages render. The problems arrise when I attempt to use Rail's scaffold functionality that makes basic mySQL oh so easy.

one of Apache's loadable modules mysql.so calls on mswin32-ruby16.dll library that I obviously don't have. A errorbox pops up informing me of such, though everything works just fine when I press "ok". The pages don't render outside of localhost though.

I aquired a copy of the missing file from Ruby's 1.6 installation, but that makes the site break with a "faulty Ruby code" exception.

I have also tried to cut or replace the call to the .dll from the .so file, but that just breaks the file Confused

One of the solutions is to write all of the database interactions myself using ruby-mysql library writen by TOMITA Masahiro, but I want to figure out this farward incapability as I have encounted the same difficulty with another project.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Try asking at the comp.lang.ruby newsgroup. Unfortunately, I don't have any helpful hints for this one.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well great, gems don't work under Ruby 1.6 Confused so even if I wanted to - I can't install Rails under an older version.. but reguardless

there seems to be a solution - get rid of apache!

a bit radical, but hey - that's where the problem originated. So I stoped the server, reinstalled rails and it works!

The only downside is that I need to point directly to localhost:3000 to get to the page and I haven't yet figured out how to point to this location over the network Confused but that's the least of my problems since I have to show a demo @ localhost Wink CSS is on my mind Laughing

Edit:
I guess it's not quite. I just needed to install Ruby 1.6 for it to leave the .dll where it needs to be and then install 1.8. Appache was causing a different problem.
   Index -> Programming, Ruby -> Ruby Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: