Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 xbox ftp with my pc plzzz help
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
needhelp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:21 pm   Post subject: xbox ftp with my pc plzzz help

hey im really trying to get my pc connected to my xbox i tried all sort of stuff...im using a direct crossova cable connection but it always says connection timed out when i try connecting using qwix or flashfxp ...i dont uderstand why and also if i try pinging my xbox usin CMD it says timed out ...my xbox ip is set and my compz ip is set as well but i dont get how this error exists....my xbox is a modded..and each time i boot it it shows "EVOX"on the top rite side of the screen ...can some1 help me with the rest????
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u join with a username .. 'needhelp'.. thats .. not encouraging..

why on earth do u have a shity xbox>? woot 4 good games Rolling Eyes .. rest shit.. costs too much $$$ for online.....ahhahaha...ps2 is much better Razz..

[mod:ba6f1b0cfd]Don't be a dumbass. Help him out or shut up.[/mod:ba6f1b0cfd]
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flame Ahead : SHort1 dont be aan idiot , MS has hte best online ITS FREE

and that applys to any game with system link NOT JUST LIVE GAMES, yes it true Xlink and Xboxconnect have been around for about 1.6 years now , and they are lagless online

IM a modder aswell , top notch

TO connect ot your Xbox on EvoX
the defaults are...
Ip : whatever you have it set to
Username : xbox
Password : xbox
port : 21

Also if you have any more problems , just PM me to save yourself from stupid replies

ANd when you ftp , make sure you only use drive E and F .... X,Y,Z are cache only
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alright.. my bad Sad.. sorry dude..
yea... lagless you say eh>?.meh.. still wont buy one..

isn't their more problems with people hacking since they can readily connect it to computers and transfer hacks?
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They may suck when there stock but with things like my

120G Hdd
Pot Tweaked dvd drive
Xbox Media centre ( plays every media file known to mankind ) anlong with full streaming , radio ( and radio recording ) , movie trailers , game trailers , subtitles , 5.1 surround , slideshow for pictures and full FTP access

now try on my full Gentoo install that i use as a server

along with being a very good dedicated gaming host and also being able to play all my homebrew games ,

HOw is hte xbox crap
Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

are you able to dual boot with an xbox? i have been consitering getting one for a while now ... and now that there's that linux stuff out it'd work nicely, as you said, a server.. especially as dedicated servers for older games such as counter-strike for a clan or something
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its not even dual boot
when you put a mod chip in , you replace the original ms dashboard ( or launcher )

and you put somthing like evoX or Avalaunch on

Those allow you to launch music , apps , games
Gentoo Just qualifies as an app , so if you want to use it , jsut boot up and click a on Gentoo ( oh and the xbox game port are usb with a different head , i chopped off a game controller head and attached it to my keyboard and mouse, and BAM full functionality )
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

call it a fauking computer then.. jeeze.
yar.. .. i want ps3 to have winamp radio Razz! i was gona email them and suggest it.. but i think they will take the hint from others doing that to xbox..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just a bit off topic, but I heard that you can make a server out of a few xbox's by installing linux (and upgrading the hds). I read that in an article somewhere on, I think ArsTechnica (but Im too lazy to search for it). It (surprisingly) didn't perform too bad compared to other server pc's.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

biggest cluster of xzboxs so far is 38

Thats right a 32 node cluster ,

But remember Short one , that hte Xbox media center is not Legal , and by using it your breaking lots and lots of laws , the ps3 ps4 xbox2 and xbox 1002 will not support this , becusae the codecs and software can not be used in commercial use , its part of the GNU and microsoft is not allowed to sell it without making readily availabel a free source copy

And they dont like releasing source code

And to anyone else's inquiry , there is not much you cant do on an xbox , ive sucessfully put macOSX on it aswell
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yar.. didnlt think it was legal.. thats the point tho.. it does have a lot of power i give it that.. its better in 'power' then ps2 by far.. but.. for a gamming console i prefer ps2. and i think its better 'for a console'
yar.. ps2 ff11 can play with people on computers and ps2! thats kickass! and u can put linux on a ps2 too.. with usb mouse and keyboard.. ur set. seen it done..

anyways.. still that media center is prety cool.. but the COST? prob a lot..
but i was saying.. why not just buy a PC for the cost it wil ltake for all the add ons u need to put on ur xbox to make it great ?.. get DVD Emulator, and Xbox emulator.. and fast internet.. less illigal .. and more features Razz
download isos, emulate them, and play em Razz
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ummmm its free

I only use Opensource software , the xbox community is completly open souurce , mostly Unix programmers
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: