Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I'm employed
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:56 am   Post subject: I'm employed

I have already mentioned this in couple of threads, and to a number of people I'm in contact with over MSN, but I have the need to make a more public annoucement.

Tony has been employed by Quest Software Inc. as a Software Developer for the next 4 months. At that point my co-op workterm will be over and I'll head back to the University of Waterloo.

Here's the breakdown of the good, bad and ugly as it concerns the rest of you:

good:: I'll get experience as a real full-time (though contracted) Software Developer. That experience will come in handy to further develop CompSci.ca and to help you guys land job interviews later on. I'll also start to actually have some income I could put tawards CompSci.ca as needed.

bad:: Unfortunally this 9-to-5 activity will be taking up quite a bit of my time. Atleast untill I get into a routine. I might not be as active around the forums, but if you PM me a question - I will get back to you soon enough. I hear that Dan has University just 3 days a week now - bother him instead Laughing

ugly:: I get enough code to write at work.. I'm sorry, but I will not debug yours.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the awesome I wrote your resume.
ZeroKelvin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow.. this is wonderful news (is this gonna help fund this site? Wink )
Jks ... anyways ... I'm really happy for you Razz
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alright, I got to give Martin a credit - he was of real help with putting together of my resume. Though the interview was all me Wink

thx ZeroKelvin, and yes: this will ensure that the site will remain online for a while Smile Though Dan and I got to figure out a model of sords that will make compsci self-sufficient. It seems that our attempts keep on backfiring Confused
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GJ.
What is Quest about anyhow? their site isn't loading for me...
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, wana write my resume too martin? i'll pay for it too Wink only if i get a job with it tho heh... and yea.. when i get my co op job nxt year, im sure i'd be more than glad to contribute a bit to the site.. i mean this site isnt just some place i come to help people, its like my cyber home
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont mean to say bad things about compsci.ca, but i always feel that there isnt much of content here... just a bunch of ppl asking for help, on mostly trivial things, on mostly trivial things
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
i dont mean to say bad things about compsci.ca, but i always feel that there isnt much of content here... just a bunch of ppl asking for help, on mostly trivial things, on mostly trivial things

OH v3 is gonna be having that missing content Very Happy
If it ever comes out Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
feel that there isnt much of content here...

there isn't much new content Confused
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What's the pay like, tony?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

$2600/month, 40 hour week... works out to be about $16/hour. I ain't complaining.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice Smile
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

less than martin tho Laughing
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:

The thing is that compsci.ca is aimed at helping highschool students in their computer science classes.

No, the content isn't very advanced, but that's not what we're here for.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
less than martin tho Laughing

then again I don't have a guy with an M4 looking over my sholder Laughing I wonder if those guys have a granade luncher accessory installed Thinking

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 23 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: