Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 It's coming...
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What will see its release first?
(No ending time set)
Windows XP 64 bit edition
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Windows Longhorn
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Linux Kernel 3.0.0
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Duke Nukem Forever
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Phantom Console
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:01 pm   Post subject: It's coming...

The question is when. What do you think?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Duke Nukem is in Vapourware heaven right now DONT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM THE DUKE

Bets are on 64 Windows
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cmonnn longhorn
md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pfft. It's so gona be the Phantom Console... I mean they can't cancel it twice!
but I think Windows 64bit will be out first
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's gonna be the bug filled windows
zomg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

longhorn's not supposed to out until late 2006 and even then the famed winFS and some of the other supposed best features will be stripped

i think it'll be windows 64 bit, well actually im hopin because the beta version is shit and is full of bugs so i dont bother to use on my athlon 64. but then knowing microsoft the final version will be full of bugs too Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sadly it will most likey be longhorn. Windows XP 64 bit whould not be hard to get out soon, but it whould mean alot of work for litte money by M$, mostlylikey it will stay as a beat test intill longhorn comes or they will make some kind of upgrade for XP.

Longhorn is evil tho peoleop, it's going to put an end to freedom of speach, fredoom of infomration and any file sharing online. Run to linux while u still can!!!
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If Microsoft would only put something to recognise ext and reiserFS partitions...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

martin wrote:
If Microsoft would only put something to recognise ext and reiserFS partitions...

Lol, why whould they do that? It whould ecnorge peoleop to have OSs other then windows.....and then they whould find out they don't need windows and M$ whould be screwed.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
josh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I just read an interesting article that someone copied onto another forum about what dan is talking about:

http://forum.fng-community.com/viewtopic.php?t=4153&highlight=trusted+computing

the thread also contains a link to an article on the register that may give you a little releif
zomg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Sadly it will most likey be longhorn. Windows XP 64 bit whould not be hard to get out soon, but it whould mean alot of work for litte money by M$, mostlylikey it will stay as a beat test intill longhorn comes or they will make some kind of upgrade for XP.

Longhorn is evil tho peoleop, it's going to put an end to freedom of speach, fredoom of infomration and any file sharing online. Run to linux while u still can!!!

wat do u mean end offreedom of speech and info, and how would they disable file sharing?

if this is true and they dont let me do file sharing i draw the line... thats it i will "enjoy" my last year using a windows OS, i wont let M$ tell me what i can and cant do

i guess i better try a 64 bit version of Linux Sad (goodbye windows)
josh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

search the net for articles on so called: "Trusted Computing"

the problem is that most of the world probobly won't ditch windows for linux so M$ will win once again.

The good news is that acording to this article:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/05/06/microsoft_managed_code_rethink/

some of Longhorns TC featues are being stirpped out because of hte reluctance of the software community to write programs that work with it, as they will have to be re-written from the ground up.
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Run to linux while u still can!!!
sure how bout you install it on my laptop! wait you can't! so shut up about M$ Razz
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aoi wrote:
Hacker Dan wrote:
Run to linux while u still can!!!
sure how bout you install it on my laptop! wait you can't! so shut up about M$ Razz

Oh i can try, just that if i mess it up and fromat your xp 1/2 u whould do worse things to me then kill me.
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

TC is going to be the death of Microsoft.

Linux is the future.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: