Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Looks good...
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Good deal?
(No ending time set)
buy it.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
dont.
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:45 pm   Post subject: Looks good...

Noticed this computer, not bad price. What do u guys think is it a good deal?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1078244&sku=l250-4092&CMP=ILC-FPM
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
josh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ah, what computer is it that you speaketh? Confused
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea, forgot the link lol. Embarassed
josh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

some of the specs are pretty nice, but I currently own an HP and I am not sure if I would buy one ever again. For the specs it is a good price, but still HP.

Granted I do have an HP with one of their smaller cases, so it is really hard to add stuff into the PC. for example I was just installing my HD and since it was so cramped Inoked a RAM chip which caused my PC not to boot. It also just ramndomly crashes sometimes ( might be window sthough) and their tech support is freaking useless. Since it is the bigger tower it might be a littel better.

You are also definantly gunna want to get a new GFX card though to replace the integrated crap it comes with if you are planning on playing games.

Bottom line: It doesn't look half bad and it is probobly better than my HP, for the money it is not a bad deal, same thing that caused me to buy mine. For that price even I might buy it though.

NOTE: what is the processor clock speed? I couldn't find it?

I did not vote because there was no maybe option, depends on what other deals are out right now and how much money you are willing to spend.
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, i dont want to spend over $1000. I was looking at laptops too, specifically, this one...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=866925&CatId=1345
josh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have never used eMachines myself, but I have a family member who told me who would never, ever, ever buy an eMachines again because it caused him so much grif. This was a desktop, I really have never tried one so I dont' know much about it.

however it does have a good processor and it sounds really nice, I like that it has the potential for 2 GB of memory.the graphics are pretty good.

I dunno looks good to me, I think some other ppl on this site have eMachines, try and see what they think
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Integrated Video stands out quite a bit there. Call if you can and ask if the machine has an AGP port. If not, you have to consider that the graphics are going to be worthless. If you can, then add the price of a decent graphics card.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you guys realize that the links go to hte .com site and not .ca ?????

Those are american prices your looking at
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
josh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ah, that is a good point, I did not realize it, I thought it was a little cheep for a laptop with an athalon-64 bit processor.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the canadian site offers the same laptop for 1000 exactly i think... it really is a nice machine, martins got one
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't get the m6805. That's what I'm running right now.

The computer is great: fast, clear screen, everything like that, but the BIOS was created by blind, retarded monkies. Service Pack 2 causes your extra buttons to stop working as well as the USB mouse (meaning you're stuck with the touchpad). And goodluck installing linux on it. I got a stage 1 gentoo install to *almost* work right.

Now, you can flash the BIOS to a better version, but doing so would void your warrenty.

Your call.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL i recall it was only 2 months ago that u were beggin everyone to get that laptop martin
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So where can I find a nice computer for a good price? Will i have to build my own, cuz that takes alot of work and i am lazy.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MyPistolsIn3D wrote:
So where can I find a nice computer for a good price? Will i have to build my own, cuz that takes alot of work and i am lazy.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
josh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I was just about to suggest that, it looks pretty good.

I also like the new iPod shuffle, thinking of getting one.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: