Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I'm new and was wondering if it is it okay if I....
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Fonzie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:43 pm   Post subject: I'm new and was wondering if it is it okay if I....

Can I use graphics from other things (internet, other games) in programs I submit?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Unless of course the source expressly forbids it.

At all tiems give proper credit for copyrighted works.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:49 pm   Post subject: Re: I'm new and was wondering if it is it okay if I....

Fonzie wrote:
Can I use graphics from other things (internet, other games) in programs I submit?

For the most part, yeah. Unless you make an incredibly great program that you try to sell to us, it'd be more trouble to nail you for it than it's worth. But, it'd be cooler if you did all the graphics on your own!
Fonzie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

all right, thanks a lot guys.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Techanly u should get permision from each site/person/group u take media from but that realy is more of an issue btween them and u. I (or the site) do/does are not resoable for it if u do break copy right laws b/c we are assuming that it is your work and it is a public forum where the options and content of the posts are that of the poster and not the site. Tho if we find u are like uploading things such as illegal software or full moves we could have a problem =p

pics, and songs for games and shuch should be fine tho......
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Fonzie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lordy man, nothing like the stuff you just said! Just some pictures for games. I don't really know anything about photoshop or anything like that and I'm a terrible artist (I actually have some fine motor skill problems so i can't hold a pen steady) so if I want graphics they need to be from somewhere else. My teacher said he wouldn't mind if I used some copywrited stuff and I just wanted to know if here did either. I'm working really hard on my final and I wanted to put it here for feedback.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Go for it, just give the artists credit.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: