Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Calendar program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:53 am   Post subject: Calendar program

My calendar program... that I had to make for school. I know its easy, its because grade 11 compsci has no prerequisites, and there are ppl who've never programmed before here. Sorry for the messy coding, but unless I consciously make an effort to make a program clean and at optimal efficiency, i just code whatever comes to my mind.
[note] might work badly on differnt resolutions than mine, but I tried to draw things relative to maxx maxy. probably won't work for anything above 1024 x 768
up and down arrows for navigations, highlights the date you entered, esc to exit.

weekday and leapyear functions not created by me.

calendar.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  calendar.t
 Filesize:  5.13 KB
 Downloaded:  289 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cool dude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

to bad it doesn't go to infinity but nice program
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heh, nice aesthetic appeal. Smile Maybe you could make it so that you can select different dates on the calender, and perhaps add notes to those dates. Have some bits for the source code
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

roffle, guess what? some one in my class took this code and was like "Hey, check out my beautiful program", hahaha. Funny class. Calendar programs don't appear out of thin air, what are the chances someone else in the world would have teh same assignment in the same time? lol
we64

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol lucky should buy lottery...
apomb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul: this program actually gave me hours of fun, until it errored out with : too many font types max 1000 or something like that! but all in all, it was a very smooth way of displaying the months ... gj, have some bits
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, thanx compwiz, didn't think of that bug, I'll fix it.
apomb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, i was just scrolling through the years and the letters all of a sudden got really small then that happened, how exactly would you fix that? Font.Free?
cuz its a max value ...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheXploder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good job Paul. Shame it doesn't allow you to enter 1/1/1 or something like that maybe you wanna see the calendar 10000 years ahead.

yeah Font.Free([variable]) should do it.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

now it does, and now it does. only on the school machine though.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: