Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Halo Shooter
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Neo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:17 pm   Post subject: Halo Shooter

This is a 2 player platform shooting game with Halo graphics. For some reason sound quality really sucks when played in turing but are fine when played in windows media player (could just be my computer? Confused). Converting to wav files solves the problem but then file size jumps from 0.6MB to about 3.5MB, 56Kers wouldn't appreciate that Wink Close all ur programs if the speed is slow. I had windows media player open and the game ran 10 times as slow...Anyways tell me what you think.

HaloCA_NoMusic.zip
 Description:
Music Free version, better speed.

Download
 Filename:  HaloCA_NoMusic.zip
 Filesize:  602.97 KB
 Downloaded:  2030 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cool dude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

very good! Very Happy it is very slow and probably it is because of the music although i like the music and it gives a big part to the game. the graphics are very good as well it's not stick people like usually done by people. when i deleted the music just to see how the game will run it didn't run at all. the only suggestion is to delete the music and put up another copy in this same post so people can see a fast version. good job! 8)
zomg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

fun but really slow
nice work Smile
Neo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay music removed. I dont know about you guys but now Im able to play with a delay of 5... Close ALL your programs it makes a huge difference.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty Good. two things though: 1.) you can jump up through walls (and probably jump through them from side to side, but I can't test that too well) and 2.) changing the delay in the delay.t file does nothing, since when you complied the main program, delay.t was included then. Changing it at any point after the compile does nothing.

Personally, I think it would be more fun if you couldn't fire bullet's so often (less machine-gun style and more pistol style) and the bullets did more damage. But maybe that's just me.
+20BITS
Neo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanksthe Crevantes. Very Happy

Can I submit this as my FP for the anual FP contest or is it a bit early?
CrazyCanuck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice. Great grapchics for the game. I'dd add soundfx for the shooting though. Or was that removed with the music files?

Great program anyways. Very Happy
zomg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya its alot better when it runs fast... i thoughtu made it to run as slow as it was and im like... Confused

but ya sweet Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very good. It actually ran very fast on my computer, try looking into one of the frames per second tutorials in the turing tutorials section.

+40 bits
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very well done. Smoot and entertaining.

Now...for all us XP users out there, having "Shift" as the firing key is a bit of a problem...Razz.

+ bits.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

seems you got the sounds from Unreal Tournamentsounds like the 2000+ version... the 1998 sound is a bit better but good Claping Laughing
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Awesome work.

You should do some frame limiting. On my computer, it runs impossibly fast.

Reminds me of joust.

+50 bits.
Neo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the comments, and the bits are appreciated.
I will look into a FPS limiter.
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Claping Claping Claping Claping Claping , you deserve an applause, that program was amazing, i would have loved it if the bullets went on forever, cuz you could peg ur friend from far away if he was just being a spaz, howver its a very good game, i also agree with cervantes, slower bullets and stronger shots, but you deserve a good amount of credit for it, again congragulations.

BTW, could you make a second download with sound, cuz i would like to hear it
cool dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it does run faster without the music although it's still slow and changing the delay does absolutely nothing. still it's a really good game! Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: