Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 favorite
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What's your favorite VIDEO GAME turned MOVIE?
(Voting is closed)
Street Fighter --
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Tomb Raider -
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Mortal Kombat -
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Resident Evil -
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Super Mario Bros.
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Mensa_Dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:57 pm   Post subject: favorite

Alright, so we all know that Hollywood has developed an appetite for turning video games into movies. So, here we go, what's your favorite?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

game or movie?
if movie, I'd say either tomb raider or resident evil, game i'd say mario or streetfighter.
Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

street fighter was the best game that turned movie because its pretty much teh same as mortal kombat and it just kept me interested. the fighting and acrobatics stuff is just relaly cool. i liked the first resident evil but the second one kind of ruined it for me because of the action scenes and such. the camera was moving too quickly making it too hard to follow
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

first Resident Evil was preaty cool. Is the 2nd one out on the DVD yet? Confused
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well tomb raider was a shitty game turned good movie. But i think mortal combat is the best.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know if its out on DVD... but my dad gave me a burnt copy of the DVD Confused
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Blade wrote:
street fighter was the best game that turned movie

Are you referring to the anime? Because, on a whim, I watched the live action movie last summer and I couldn't make it past the first half hour.
Neo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What about X-men?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
first Resident Evil was preaty cool. Is the 2nd one out on the DVD yet? Confused

the first was creepy and everything but that stupid monster experiment thing was pretty dam fake... of course i didnt realize that until the second time i watched it

but ya i agree the first was awesome and i acant wait to see the next one
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what I found interesting about the first Resident Evil is that it's ending is very similar to the beginning of 28 Days Later Laughing which is also an awesome movie Wink
josh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yes it is out on DVD, I bought it the day it came out, it is really neat watching the speacial features as they talk alot about toronto and how they filmed it there, (Since I live in TO).

If you have seen the movie you know they are mostly wearing skirts and tanktops but you may not realise they where wearing those outside for night shoots in mid november in toronto. lol, musta been pretty cold.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Go mario bros!!!!!! =p

Any how Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, was a t.v. show, then a moive then a game if any one cares......and it has been going back and forth throw thos mediams for awhile now.......
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
MihaiG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

was super mario turned into a movie??
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea.. and it was SHITTY.

I thought 28 days later was way better then Resident evil.
Mensa_Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Blade wrote:
street fighter was the best game that turned movie

Are you referring to the anime? Because, on a whim, I watched the live action movie last summer and I couldn't make it past the first half hour.

I didn't realize they made a Streetfighter anime...but i can't imagine that it would have been too interesting...

The Streetfighter movie had it's moments.....like who could forget the outstanding physical exchange beteween Chun LI and Mr. Bison! Remember...when she finally reveals herself as Chun Li and totally kicks his ass!!!!

But I totally hated the portrayals of Dalsim and Blanka were awful....

I think that the VEGA character should've been more integral...and I think that RYU and KEN WERE PATHETIC!!!

I think that Mortal Kombat was an amazing rendition of the video game.... I think, however, that Mortalk Kombat 2 was AWFUL! Except for the Sindel character who i thought was damn cool and for SHIVA who was kickin!

Tell me, Coutsos, did they ever make a Mortal Kombat anime??? Now that I'd like to see Smile
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: