Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [ Solved ] Problems displaying background color (CSS)
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:49 pm   Post subject: [ Solved ] Problems displaying background color (CSS)

code:

.pageNavRight {
        float: right;
        width:178px;
        padding: 2px;
        margin: 1px;
        background-color:#F5f7f7;
        border-left: 0px;
        border-bottom: 0px;
        font: small Verdana,sans-serif;
}

This works perfectly on IE, Firefox..
But if i try it on any browser on the MAC, the background-color doens't show up.... any ideas why?

The pageNavRight is used in a <div> tag as a class
<div class="pageNavLeft">

But for some odd reason it doesn't work (on any browser on the mac).
BUT, when i used it as a id and not a class, it worked on all browsers except W3C HTML Validator says I cannot use the same id multiple times.

Any idea's on-- what's wrong?
Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nevermind it is showing up.... BUT
On the mac for some odd reason, the colour is so light that it's white if you view it from the normal angle, I have to twist my head to see a diffrence in colour... :S

Anyone know what to do for that?
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
On the mac for some odd reason, the colour is so light that it's white if you view it from the normal angle, I have to twist my head to see a diffrence in colour... :S

This is because Windows doesn't know what the cuddle it's doing with regards to color calibration, while the Mac does. You're seeing it right on the Mac. You've just gotten used to things being wrong, so when they're right it seems wrong.
MiX-MaztA-M8riX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
You've just gotten used to things being wrong, so when they're right it seems wrong.

This has nothing to do with the question, but holy crap Neutral thats the smartest thing I've ever heard....
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
Amailer wrote:

This is because Windows doesn't know what the cuddle it's doing with regards to color calibration, while the Mac does. You're seeing it right on the Mac. You've just gotten used to things being wrong, so when they're right it seems wrong.

Yeah weird because I can't seem to get it to match the MAC :S my brightnes and contast is 50/50 and red blue green is 50 50 50 but if i make it brigher to get the color of the mac the whole screen seems like its glowing :S
any ideas how to fix this problems? I made the colors darkers but it seems weird on my comp Rolling Eyes
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: