Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 small suggestion
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

should there be a "backup site" where we can all go if compsci is down?
(No ending time set)
yes
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
no
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

zomg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:38 pm   Post subject: small suggestion

while compsci was down none of us knew what was really goin on right? so maybe there could be like another forum under 12free forums or something where we can all still talk... kinda like a backup just in case the site goes down again

this way we can all know whats goin on while the site is down

anyway just glad its back Smile

[EDIT] i have made forum on this free forum thing... still working on it tho...

http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/?mforum=anarchy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MihaiG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the idea is good an all but i think you should let dan do the work becuase yours looks like a cheap knockoff ...
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no kidding...
its not supposed to be like compsci i was using it as an example
and further more i dont think anyone is gonna put a hge effort into a site that will only be used as a backup site used like maybe 1 week/year
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nah, that's what IRC's for.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think the idea of making an offical IRC chanle some where whould be a better idea. I know there is that unoffical one floating around, maybe we could talk to them about it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan, use our channel! It's... sorta... official. We're now pretty stable at about 4 people in the channel all the time. I don't see the point in starting a new one all over again. Just put an ad about the current one on the front page Very Happy That'll get some attention.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's only unoffical because Hacker Dan hasn't given his seal of approval to the poleop who run it.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
It's only unoffical because Hacker Dan hasn't given his seal of approval to the poleop who run it.

Yes, if it is offical it whould immply that it is liked to the peoleop who run compsci.ca. I (or the site) whould not whont to be blamed for acations of or take place on the IRC chan.

Tho i whould have no problem puting a link to the irc chan on the site as the unoffical chan.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: