Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci Blackout
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

what happened?
(No ending time set)
hackers
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
V3 update
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
dan cleansed the site of all evildoers
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

apomb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:47 am   Post subject: Compsci Blackout

Heya all, im sure you have been wondering what the hell happened to compsci, well,i dont know, but im glad were back up and running, ask dan, he probly knows

i say it was taken over bu kazix cuz were too great a forum for them to handle
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Lol, well the reasning for this down time is kind of complicated, not even fully shure why my self.

The host shut us down b/c we had 62 peoplep on the site at the same time doing some stuff that was sucking the life out of the hosts cpu to the point where it crashed there server.

I am not shure why this hapend, i think thos "peopleop" where realy bots from sreach engions tho. I do not think it was an ininteal atack on the site. Still needs some looking in to.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:56 am   Post subject: Re: Compsci Blackout

CompWiz333 wrote:
i say it was taken over bu kazix cuz were too great a forum for them to handle

err what? kazix is hour host...
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

So did you switch hosts yet? this isn't the first time -.-
anyhow, finally compsci is back! suspension page was getting anoying.

When did it come abck btw?
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

sometime between tuesday and wednesday I think. Its annoying cause I still haven't gotten over my "click on compsci bookmark whenever I'm bored" habit. And I'm bored alot. Laughing
MihaiG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

as i told tony bout this.... you should have read the kaziks policies page, because there are a few violations there....
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

it was up wedsday morning cuz i checked at 12 am today and it was still down
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ELCOMANDANTE wrote:
as i told tony bout this.... you should have read the kaziks policies page, because there are a few violations there....

No there is not, i realy have no idea where u are geting that. I work hard to make shure this site complies with the rules of all the agemrents we singed. The only thing we voliated was the 5% rule witch was out of my power to conotrl
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MihaiG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im not sure bout this line

Quote:
Usenet SPAMing: KAZIX has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.

would google ads fall under newsgroups or spam.... that might be a reason

http://kazix.com/policies.htm
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow are you trying to be stupid or are you just brainless.. maybe you just cant speak english? read the frigging thing, the google ads do not violate any rules, regulations, FAQs or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ELCOMANDANTE wrote:
im not sure bout this line

U realy have no idea what u are talking about, this has nothing to do with ads on a site and is about e-mails and flooding other sites and other fourms. U can spam ur own site as much as u whont.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
U can spam ur own site as much as u whont.

heck, we even have our own spam forum with 13 000+ posts Laughing

The problem was the DoS type of a virus/bot attack. Dan has fixed the exploit and took care of the bots, I think he deserves... something Claping I'm buying him a beer as soon as he gets to Toronto Drunk I'm not flying to LU Naughty
Aoi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why would you ever want to do such a thing O_o
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, I'm kinda glad it was down. It went down right as I left for vacation and came back up a day before I returned. At least this way, I didn't miss *too* much Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
I didn't miss *too* much Wink

there was quite a bit going on backstage Laughing Get some MSN contacts to keep up Wink
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: